British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2022

Only rider i would definitely like to see return to Owlerton is Josh Pickering.

Wouldn't say no to Zaine Kennedy being given another go either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Only rider i would definitely like to see return to Owlerton is Josh Pickering.

Wouldn't say no to Zaine Kennedy being given another go either.

What about a no1? What about JD? Jason Crump seems to think Tai Woffinden needs to ride over here, so how about him? 

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

What about a no1? What about JD? Jason Crump seems to think Tai Woffinden needs to ride over here, so how about him? 

If Tai ever comes back, I think there is only one club he will ride for.................................................

• Like 1

here i am, the forums resident team builder....

1. Jack Holder 8.68
2. Ben Cook 4.00
3. Adam Ellis 8.12
4. Josh Pickering 7.12
5. Chris Holder 7.16
6. Danyon Hume R/S
7. Jordan Jenkins R/S

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Certainly wouldn't say no to Woffy in the team.

Would also be happy to see Holder back with us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

here i am, the forums resident team builder....

1. Jack Holder 8.68
2. Ben Cook 4.00
3. Adam Ellis 8.12
4. Josh Pickering 7.12
5. Chris Holder 7.16
6. Danyon Hume R/S
7. Jordan Jenkins R/S

Just a bit liberal with those Poole assets Falcon!!??

15 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Is that really pickerings average? 

I think so mate 

Skidder - it kinda makes Poole in the top flight just not at their track lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beowulf said:

If Tai ever comes back, I think there is only one club he will ride for.................................................

No don't think the Aces can fit him in.

• Haha 1

Very difficult to work out a team for next until we have make up of the league's and points limit.

But of the riders we used this season.

Jack Holder 8.68, I would keep for next season, has stated that he wants to continue riding in the UK, but a  lot will depend on the Poles top league and where they will stipulate where riders will be allowed to ride.

Adam Ellis 7.92, Again I would keep him, he wants to stay and the Promotion appear to want him back

Josh Pickering 7.06 Again I would like him to stay, became a massive crowd favourite.

Kyle Howarth 6.04, Jury out, I think we need to see what the points limit is and what riders may be available.

Troy Batchelor 5.57 On such a low average I would be tempted to say yes, but I don't think having Sheffield as a home track, so for let him go.

Stefan Nielsen 3.00 On that average and what I saw of him last season, would definitely sign him up.

Danyon Hulme Rising Star, Did well, but I would like to explore other options let him go.

So those definite  starters for me would be;

Jack Holder 8.68

Adam Ellis 7.92

Josh Pickering 7.06

Stefan Nielsen 3.00

Total 26.66

Based on 36 points and a Rising Star.

That would leave us 9.34 for the last two spots.

So I would go with 

Jake Allen 4.80

Ben Cook 4.00

Rising Star 

Dan Thompson    

If Stefan Nielsen is available on 3.00 then he’s an absolute certainty in my opinion, regardless of points limits. Imagine the entertainment value if we could somehow accommodate Bomber Harris and Josh Pickering in the same team?

On 10/22/2021 at 11:38 PM, spin king said:

Very difficult to work out a team for next until we have make up of the league's and points limit.

But of the riders we used this season.

Jack Holder 8.68, I would keep for next season, has stated that he wants to continue riding in the UK, but a  lot will depend on the Poles top league and where they will stipulate where riders will be allowed to ride.

Adam Ellis 7.92, Again I would keep him, he wants to stay and the Promotion appear to want him back

Josh Pickering 7.06 Again I would like him to stay, became a massive crowd favourite.

Kyle Howarth 6.04, Jury out, I think we need to see what the points limit is and what riders may be available.

Troy Batchelor 5.57 On such a low average I would be tempted to say yes, but I don't think having Sheffield as a home track, so for let him go.

Stefan Nielsen 3.00 On that average and what I saw of him last season, would definitely sign him up.

Danyon Hulme Rising Star, Did well, but I would like to explore other options let him go.

So those definite  starters for me would be;

Jack Holder 8.68

Adam Ellis 7.92

Josh Pickering 7.06

Stefan Nielsen 3.00

Total 26.66

Based on 36 points and a Rising Star.

That would leave us 9.34 for the last two spots.

So I would go with 

Jake Allen 4.80

Ben Cook 4.00

Rising Star 

Dan Thompson    

If we are having a 4 point rider would go for Zain Kennedy, as Nielsen hasn't got a PL ave wouldn't they use a converted CL ave

18 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

If we are having a 4 point rider would go for Zain Kennedy, as Nielsen hasn't got a PL ave wouldn't they use a converted CL ave

Not sure how you covert them but think in Championship it is between 4.5 and 4.8 ish. 

Stefan's Poole average is 4.79 and his Sheffield average is listed as 3.00 (presumably assessed?).