British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2022

5 hours ago, Steve0 said:

What?  Adam inconsistent? Really?

Yet you would keep Stefan Nielsen who has had a significant amount of time out injured just about every season since he started?!?!?

Yes I would...he also doesn't roll at the start either

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

So were Danny King and Charles Wright in recent years, also “decent” riders. Being British champion doesn’t necessarily elevate you to anything more than that. 

Well said.

43 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Yeah that broken back last year when he was taken out from behind in Croatia. Totally his fault 

Obviously not,but not taken out all the time.sern him fall of his own accord quite a few times.

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Alright we get it, you don't like Adam Ellis...

Where have I put that I didn't like him?just that as a package he's not ideal.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Yeah that broken back last year when he was taken out from behind in Croatia. Totally his fault 

Methinks that Bordeaux-based Jonny the Spud might have more than a passing interest in the welfare of Marmande's most famous speedway son.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Moranboys said:

And all the wins pretty much due to his rolling starts....that's another issue I have with him.

If he gets away with it then continue. C Cook been doing it for years, also.

2 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Methinks that Bordeaux-based Jonny the Spud might have more than a passing interest in the welfare of Marmande's most famous speedway son.

Speaking of which, how many French speedway riders do people know? I've been checking a few things....

David Bellego, born 15 May 1993, Marmande, France;
Dimitri Berge, born 5 February, 1996, Marmande, France;
Adam Ellis, born 21 March 1996, Marmande, France;
Steven Goret, born 15 June 2002, Marmande, France.

What is it about Marmande (a nondescript little town on the Garonne, 35 miles south east of Bordeaux)? In a country that has no cultural history of speedway - no league, no teams - how come four top-drawer riders should emerge from a complete backwater?... and all born in the first half of the year.  What goes on there? It makes me wonder whether some speedway icon of the 70's and 80's bought himself a holiday home in the town after his retirement from the sport and spent the summer months in the 90's servicing the romantic needs of the local maidens, thus spawning an entire dynasty of top-notch speedway riders for the 2020's. Thoughts anyone?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Speaking of which, how many French speedway riders do people know? I've been checking a few things....

What is it about Marmande (a nondescript little town on the Garonne, 35 miles south east of Bordeaux)? In a country that has no cultural history of speedway - no league, no teams - how come four top-drawer riders should emerge from a complete backwater?... and all born in the first half of the year.  What goes on there? It makes me wonder whether some speedway icon of the 70's and 80's bought himself a holiday home in the town after his retirement from the sport and spent the summer months in the 90's servicing the romantic needs of the local maidens, thus spawning an entire dynasty of top-notch speedway riders for the 2020's. Thoughts anyone?

There's a track there ....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trees said:

There's a track there ....

I could understand riders basing themselves in the town if there was a French National Speedway Stadium in the locality, but these riders were born there. What could explain that?

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

Thierry hillaire....now he was class......!!!!

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

The Grasstrack there? 

A very big and fast track...

The type the French seem to like to ride in Speedway.

Maybe that is where so many learn to ride a Grass/Speedway bike? .

15 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

Thierry hillaire....now he was class......!!!!

Someone called "Ashie" mentioned on this Forum under the thread "Who Is The Worst Rider Ever To Ride For Your Team?" in 2006 "Thierry Hillaire... was billed as top French international, but his first race and he more or less forgot to turn to left at the first bend."