British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2022

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Our clubs need to get announcing before this happens again!!!!

You can more or less piece together every team from the information posted on here so there are few surprises nowadays unless you don't use the internet! 

• Like 1

Clubs are being silly with announcements this year in particular.

If a rider has signed then you may as well announce it ASAP rather than wait for the Speedway Star every week.

The only people who buy the Speedway Star are the same ones who turn up to watch Speedway in person.

21st November now and if clubs want to start shifting season tickets as Christmas presents for those who don't use social media and the BSF then they should announce signings at a rapid pace rather than holding back because it's common knowledge what teams are going to look like in 2022.

44 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Clubs are being silly with announcements this year in particular.

If a rider has signed then you may as well announce it ASAP rather than wait for the Speedway Star every week.

The only people who buy the Speedway Star are the same ones who turn up to watch Speedway in person.

21st November now and if clubs want to start shifting season tickets as Christmas presents for those who don't use social media and the BSF then they should announce signings at a rapid pace rather than holding back because it's common knowledge what teams are going to look like in 2022.

Season tickets will go on sale after the number of matches and competitions is made clear at the AGM on 7th December.

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Season tickets will go on sale after the number of matches and competitions is made clear at the AGM on 7th December.

This must already be known, otherwise how can you sign riders on contacts when not knowing when they are required to ride & for how many meetings  for your club?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

This must already be known, otherwise how can you sign riders on contacts when not knowing when they are required to ride & for how many meetings  for your club?

Have there been (m)any Premiership signings/announcements then?

Good signing,,, I'm pretty sure all the clubs would have liked him in their team. Definitely a rider that will improve his average,,, and that's how you win. Did you just read that Hawkins/Louis,,, that's how you win 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A swift edit has seen Sheffield removed...

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

No point in the AGM as everything has been decided already.

40 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

A swift edit has seen Sheffield removed...

Probably at Sheffield's request after reading the BSF.

They should just announce him 8:00 am tomorrow morning now as it's just ridiculous at this point.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Probably at Sheffield's request after reading the BSF.

They should just announce him 8:00 am tomorrow morning now as it's just ridiculous at this point.

Why should Sheffield or any other team change their plans for making announcements just because a third party makes a premature announcement - an announcement that was seemingly naive and possibly unprofessional?

3 minutes ago, RobHowe said:

Why should Sheffield or any other team change their plans for making announcements just because a third party makes a premature announcement - an announcement that was seemingly naive and possibly unprofessional?

Because everybody knew signed even before the Texom announcement. 

It's just silly from the clubs to make an announcement about an announcement that everybody has known for weeks anyway.

4 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Because everybody knew signed even before the Texom announcement. 

It's just silly from the clubs to make an announcement about an announcement that everybody has known for weeks anyway.

Everybody knew? I hadn’t heard or read anything. And I doubt I’m not the only one.

Speedway fans do exist outside the bounds of this forum.

Should be a transfer window at the end of the season, like Poland, where riders are signed and teams announced.

I cannot fathom that, in 2021, we're making announcements through newspapers at 6am on a weekday morning. Crackers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobHowe said:

Everybody knew? I hadn’t heard or read anything. And I doubt I’m not the only one.

Speedway fans do exist outside the bounds of this forum.

Musielak info, Doyle info etc. it's all been on here for weeks as well as facebook groups and Twitter etc.

You prefer the old fashioned way that's way past it's sell by date tbh.

13 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Musielak info, Doyle info etc. it's all been on here for weeks as well as facebook groups and Twitter etc.

You prefer the old fashioned way that's way past it's sell by date tbh.

The information posted by Texom is dated 19th November - 2 days ago. As I rarely read this forum, presumably you can provide links and / or screenshots of other forms of social media where it was stated that Musielak was signing for Sheffield weeks ago?

Personally I prefer the “old fashioned” way of waiting for my club to announce who they’re signing, rather than randoms posting on a forum. Until then it’s merely gossip.

And let’s face it, as we all know, until you see a rider at the tapes in your team’s colours nothing is guaranteed.