British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2022

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If teams announce their full 1-7s now, then they will have nothing to announce and therefore little publicity in December/January/February when - season ticket purchases are at their peak.

Can't imagine why anyone would buy a season ticket for speedway. Generally, they are poor value. Go on holiday and you 'free' week evaporates. Also, you lose the flexibility of not going if it is cold/wet/too hot/showing or if you don't feel well, or are isolating.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Like I said,, my local doesn't cover speedway

Mate, this is a Sheffield thread. The local newspapers in Sheffield cover speedway.

However thanks to the beauty of social media we can all now read local newspaper’s coverage of speedway from around the country.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Can't imagine why anyone would buy a season ticket for speedway. Generally, they are poor value. Go on holiday and you 'free' week evaporates. Also, you lose the flexibility of not going if it is cold/wet/too hot/showing or if you don't feel well, or are isolating.

Season tickets don’t suit everyone. Not everyone can afford them. But they do work for many fans. At the start of last season mine was worth it’s weight in gold as I had guaranteed entry during the restricted months.

They also provide a good source of pre-season income for clubs who have significant expenditure to cover before the first paying customer comes through the turnstiles.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If teams announce their full 1-7s now, then they will have nothing to announce and therefore little publicity in December/January/February when - season ticket purchases are at their peak.

It's really not difficult, in fact it's a marketing teams dream if you know your team in advance

39 minutes ago, Flappy said:

It's really not difficult, in fact it's a marketing teams dream if you know your team in advance

Still waiting for the Sheffield 2022 team mate - seen as it’s common knowledge I’m sure you can share it with me……

1 hour ago, FromBendThree said:

Think many Fans now buy a season ticket just to aid the Club financially.I certainly know a few who do.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Lynn did this the other year and it just seemed to wind people up the longer it went on. Understand the concept but not sure it's the best policy nowadays.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Lynn did this the other year and it just seemed to wind people up the longer it went on. Understand the concept but not sure it's the best policy nowadays.

And if it’s all about season ticket sale and publicity nearer the new season start date there is then nothing to tell potential sponsors now when you’d think clubs will be chasing sponsors and the first thing I’d ask as a sponsor who your 1-7 

17 hours ago, RobHowe said:

When do you open your Christmas presents? 

Two weeks before? And do you know what you’re getting before you open them?

Everybody does.

For example you don't ask your Mrs. what she wants for Christmas for her to tell you that she wants a pair of earrings only to then go out Christmas shopping and buy her a watch instead.

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Depends on the team,,,,releasing a naff team too early can kill season ticket.sales

22 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Depends on the team,,,,releasing a naff team too early can kill season ticket.sales

The happy clappers go anyway

3 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Everybody does.

For example you don't ask your Mrs. what she wants for Christmas for her to tell you that she wants a pair of earrings only to then go out Christmas shopping and buy her a watch instead.

There you go again with the “everybody does” and yet you’re wrong (again).

I love surprises and will happily wait for Christmas Day. Bit boring if you know in advance.

6 hours ago, Flappy said:

This big surprise reveal is weird when it's common knowledge

Yep, common knowledge and yet you can’t name the team….I’m guessing this is because you don’t actually know it.

However I’m intrigued as why a fan of another team feels the need to venture into the Sheffield thread and criticise the way the club makes its team announcement for 2022. Have you nothing better or constructive to do with your life?

• Like 1