British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2022

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I can only see positive things when it comes to this Sheffield team. Can't understand some comments about Cook being a "risk"

1) He's been signed as a 3rd heat leader not a number one,

2) there's two strong second strings behind him

3) Ignoring the above 2 points, I also expect him to up his average.

I also disagree with any comments about Nielsen being a "risk" he's only on a 3.00 ave, so allows a strong top 5, plus Sheffield probably will have the strongest number 8 in case of injuries!

Don't think so; Cook is bargain basement. Heat leaders are Holder, Ellis and Musielek.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Col said:

Cook is a former GP rider  Holder, Musielak, Howarth & Ellis have never been GP regulars. Can't remember any of them having a wildcard? Reserve maybe?

Cook was in the GP's but didn't have a lot of sucess. Jack Holder was a wildcard in a couple of GP's in the limited 2020 series, when they were on his Polish track.

9 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

Cook was in the GP's but didn't have a lot of sucess. Jack Holder was a wildcard in a couple of GP's in the limited 2020 series, when they were on his Polish track.

Jack Holder is also the first reserve for next years GP's.

If a GP rider has an injury Jack Holder is the first rider to replace them.

2 minutes ago, spin king said:

Jack Holder is also the first reserve for next years GP's.

If a GP rider has an injury Jack Holder is the first rider to replace them.

Yes I saw that and hope that it doesn't cause any issues with him riding for us on Thursdays. If he gets called up, then they have to be there on the Friday as well don't they?

20 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Don't think so; Cook is bargain basement. Heat leaders are Holder, Ellis and Musielek.

Technically incorrect.

Craig Cook comes in on 6.98 average

Museliek comes in on a 6.21 average

What happens over the season is a different matter. 

5 hours ago, spin king said:

Technically incorrect.

Craig Cook comes in on 6.98 average

Museliek comes in on a 6.21 average

What happens over the season is a different matter. 

I assume Holder & Ellis has a higher average than both?

Tigers should go with 1. Holder 2. Howarth 3. Cook 4. Ellis 5. Musielak

Looks a decent team on paper. I would go with 1 Holder 2 Cook 3 Howarth 4 Musielak 5 Ellis 6 Nielsen 7 Mountain and inter change Cook and Howarth to suit certain Teams /Tracks   Having Cook at 2 off inside gate in heat one could give him a spark for the evening if he wins it. Hopefully he’s over his troubles and can relax a bit with less pressure on him in our team   We will see. 

• Like 1

Until all teams have been announced difficult to say but this team definitely has the best top five of teams that have been announced. I am not Craig Cooks biggest fan but I don't get why he is a risk at all, I expect he may even improve his average a little,he had a bad start to last season at Kings Lynn but went to Ipswich and did well. I don't see him as a rider that will let anyone down. 

Craig Cook is not really gamble.

He is not part of the top 2 of the team, so the pressure is off him.

The club have told him that they have no expectation of him and go out and enjoy his riding.

With Cook's problems with anxiety and nerves this must be music to his ears.

• Like 2

Cook as a 2nd string on a sub 7 average is on track no gamble at all. He undoubtedly in a high calibre talent in the context of the current league set up

• Like 1

Gud job Craig Cook isn't a Pirate or it could be a case of too many Cook's spoil the broth'el'!

:rofl:

Oh I say matron, well it was said in the best possible taste! :rofl:

5 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

December 2020 all over again imo.

Sheffield favourites on paper with the fan praise while Peterborough get written off with negative feedback.

You know what happens in October 2022. :D

Yeah, roughly the same as what happened in 2019:

Peterborough: 24 matches, won 6, drawn 1, Lost 17.  20 points. Finished 7th out of 7.  :t: