British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2022

So Artem and Emil are banned from the GPs due to being Russian, which means Jack steps up I presume as first reserve. Which is great for him, just hope it doesn’t cock up Sheffield’s season too much with missed meetings

Good to see Connor Mountain doing well in his first outing of 2022 in Auty's testimonial at Scunny, scoring 8 points (with no 4th places) and inflicting one of only two defeats on Danny King. Reckon he'll be a very useful asset at reserve.

• Like 2

Jake Allan for Nielsen. If Jake can pick his form up it will be a good signing but seems to have lost his way a little recently 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Jake the rider who copped a load of criticism when he scored a duck for Belle Vue at Owlerton in the League cup?

Allen wasn't the only Ace to get zero in that meeting, but knowing you were only a 'temporary' team member, would you bust a gut to put points on the board in the League Cup meetings? He was also riding at 4 which put pressure on him to perform, whereas riding at reserve might give him time to get up to speed. Looking at his past there shouldn't be any reason he can't be riding in the main body of the team before the end of the season. Only time will tell!

Feel sorry for Stephan, won heat 2 last night which contributed to our narrow victory, but just doesn't seem to be showing the potential he did last year before injury put him out. He's also been out scored by Connor up to now so I can see why they've done this. 

Can't get behind that decision. Allen was awful when he showed up for Belle Vue and got soundly beat by Nielsen. Hope that I get proved wrong but I feel like it's a change just for the sake of it.

Smacks of making a change just for the sake of it in my opinion.

Whilst Stefan hasn't really shown the form of last season he also hasn't been that bad either, yes possibly being outscored by Connor, but Connor does get the slightly easier rides due to being a "rising star" although in terms of years in the sport and experience not a deal between them, connor just lucky in terms of getting he number 7 spot.

Its further up the order that Sheffields management need to be looking, whilst i dont think anyone is in danger of losing their terms place, the complete lack of consistency certainly needs addressing

1 hour ago, Steve55 said:

Allen wasn't the only Ace to get zero in that meeting, but knowing you were only a 'temporary' team member, would you bust a gut to put points on the board in the League Cup meetings? He was also riding at 4 which put pressure on him to perform, whereas riding at reserve might give him time to get up to speed. Looking at his past there shouldn't be any reason he can't be riding in the main body of the team before the end of the season. Only time will tell!

Feel sorry for Stephan, won heat 2 last night which contributed to our narrow victory, but just doesn't seem to be showing the potential he did last year before injury put him out. He's also been out scored by Connor up to now so I can see why they've done this. 

Its irrelevant what match it is, he's riding to earn a living so he should be busting a gut in every heat he's in.

Silly team change going on reputation that's been based around Jake having a good year before the pandemic. 

Stefan Nielsen is a better rider than Jake Allen at the moment tbh. Allen is only good around Scunthorpe these days imo.

Last season I was hoping we’d get Jake but he didn’t have too good a season. This year I can’t see any difference to be honest. I hope he can feed off the experience in our team and thrive because he’s definitely got talent.  Wonder if it’s his bikes or him that’s been the problem 

3 hours ago, Steve55 said:

There is a vast difference riding at 6 or 7 dictated, this year, having the rising star at 7. The no 6 rides with & against heat leaders & if you did not have a strong top 5 & Connor moved in to the main body with Cook at 6 & Allen at 7 would their scores be similar.

2 hours ago, Heathcote said:

Smacks of making a change just for the sake of it in my opinion.

Whilst Stefan hasn't really shown the form of last season he also hasn't been that bad either, yes possibly being outscored by Connor, but Connor does get the slightly easier rides due to being a "rising star" although in terms of years in the sport and experience not a deal between them, connor just lucky in terms of getting he number 7 spot.

Its further up the order that Sheffield's management need to be looking, whilst i don't think anyone is in danger of losing their terms place, the complete lack of consistency certainly needs addressing

Indeed looking at starting aves Vs 2022 aves, there's a few dropping more off their ave than Nielsen!

Tobiasz Musielak 6.21 to 8.50 (+2.29)

Connor Mountain 3.14 to 4.38 (+1.24)

Kyle Howarth 6.04 to 6.80 (+0.76)

Stefan Neilsen 3.00 to 2.89 (-0.11)

Adam Ellis 7.92 to 7.65 (-0.27)

Jack Holder 8.87 to 7.33 (-1.54)

Craig Cook 6.81 to 5.15 (-1.66)

Having a top 5 as Sheffield have, they will take points off each other meaning their averages will to & fro.

4 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Having a top 5 as Sheffield have, they will take points off each other meaning their averages will to & fro.

But Jack and Craig is over a point and a half down, that is more than just beating each other!!