British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

Dates are now confirmed. Glasgow on the 26th October, followed by the second leg on the 29th October at Wimborne Road.

So the final is now officially known. Both teams scored victories in their home meetings. Neither team has met recently. Should be a thriller. Too far for most travelling fans though there are bound to be a sprinkle. Luckily Glasgow stream their meetings so expect a lot of Poole and neutral fans to buy the stream, myself included. 

I feel Pirates are favourites and fancy our chances, but an injury or a brilliant performance from an opposition rider can swing the pendulum the other way. Let the best team win.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Wonder if Glasgow 1st leg be Sunday. Seems decent forecast for Sunday afternoon with Poole in Edinburgh tomorrow anyway

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Wonder if Glasgow 1st leg be Sunday. Seems decent forecast for Sunday afternoon with Poole in Edinburgh tomorrow anyway

Doubt it as Marcin unavailable , which is why we were racing on Thursday

Just now, Cookiefan said:

Doubt it as Marcin unavailable , which is why we were racing on Thursday

Forgot about that

Weather forecast doesn't look great for Glasgow every day until the 31st and beyond.

Weather down here looks okay for next week, which is surprising as normally raining in half term. 

Not enough time to advertise it for Sunday. My guess is next Thursday or Friday, leaving us whatever is left. Probably next weekend.

I suspect a large Glasgow home win and be able to defend at Poole.  After all Edinburgh have got good riders for Ashfield and in last couple of matches not near it. Not sure that Poole quite at the Edinburgh level at Ashfield 

52 minutes ago, alta said:

I suspect a large Glasgow home win and be able to defend at Poole.  After all Edinburgh have got good riders for Ashfield and in last couple of matches not near it. Not sure that Poole quite at the Edinburgh level at Ashfield 

Hard to call,Poole lost Rory in his 1 st ride in the League match at Ashfield and only got 5 points from IRR.If the track I dry and slick Rory could have a field day.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Hard to call,Poole lost Rory in his 1 st ride in the League match at Ashfield and only got 5 points from IRR.If the track I dry and slick Rory could have a field day.

Fingers crossed! ;)

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Ashfield dry and slick at the back end of October? Good luck with that thought. :unsure::rolleyes:

• Like 1

Might have come up for the Glasgow leg but hotel prices have gone through the roof (COP26) and the weather is looking very dodgy to say the least.

52 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Might have come up for the Glasgow leg but hotel prices have gone through the roof (COP26) and the weather is looking very dodgy to say the least.

When we went to Poole for the Glasgow match, we stayed at Winchester , you could try staying nearer the borders, as for the weather, we are going to have to race this week at some point, don't think.it will be pleasant. If any Poole fans do manage to come up, wrap up warm with layers as it will likely be freezing

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Dates to be confirmed.

So the final is now officially known. Both teams scored victories in their home meetings. Neither team has met recently. Should be a thriller. Too far for most travelling fans though there are bound to be a sprinkle. Luckily Glasgow stream their meetings so expect a lot of Poole and neutral fans to buy the stream, myself included. 

I feel Pirates are favourites and fancy our chances, but an injury or a brilliant performance from an opposition rider can swing the pendulum the other way. Let the best team win.

A fair summary.  Let the best team win?  As far as I'm concerned, the best team already won - the league that is.  I don't believe in the playoff system, the league shows that Poole won the league and are league champions, Glasgow runners-up.

• Like 1