British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

6 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So will Poole still run Friday or hold off until the first leg is run?

pretty sure they will hold off and hold it maybe wednesday or thursday next week hope they give glasgow fans plenty time to cancel hotels travel ect 

5 minutes ago, mac101 said:

pretty sure they will hold off and hold it maybe wednesday or thursday next week hope they give glasgow fans plenty time to cancel hotels travel ect 

Thought 31st October was last day speedway can be run in this country or are the rules being manipulated again.

• Like 2

I don't think they will cancel Friday yet, if they do I'm sure they will announce it tonight at the meeting. However the forecast currently is for heavy rain in the morning, so depends how heavy and how long it sticks around? 

7 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Thought 31st October was last day speedway can be run in this country or are the rules being manipulated again.

It is not the last day speedway can be run in this country.

Expecting it off on Friday as Poole wAnt second leg. 

Not for the first time, and certainly not the last, UK speedway demonstrating how inept they are at running the most prestigious meetings of the season in early winter.

How they all must rue the COC's earlier in the season in much better conditions, which have led to the farcical fixture congestion we have seen in the past few weeks.

( COC's are cancellations of convenience ) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mac101 said:

We wont be able to go down next week, a bus going on Friday but people won't be able to get time off next Wednesday or Thursday 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Plenty of instances of league and cup deciding meetings being held in November, although less common in recent times.  Was a regular occurrence in the 1980s, when they were around double the amount of meetings to fit in as they are now, and quite often teams could not fit in everything by the end of October.  

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Expecting it off on Friday as Poole wAnt second leg. 

wouldn't it be ironic if it pissed down next Wednesday at Poole and the BSPL declared the result after only one leg ! Poole should run their leg whenever they have a dry day and have a number of Glasgow supporters booked to travel. Suspect they will get nil away and neutrals support for their leg if they keep delaying at short notice in order to satisfy their desire to hold the "second leg"

Edited by old bob at herne bay
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Not for the first time, and certainly not the last, UK speedway demonstrating how inept they are at running the most prestigious meetings of the season in early winter.

How they all must rue the COC's earlier in the season in much better conditions, which have led to the farcical fixture congestion we have seen in the past few weeks.

Do you ever do anything but moan?   Feel sorry for the Kent fans, who bear the brunt of most of your negativity. 

Many sports have run at irregular times over the last 18 months. Just take a look at when the 2019-2020 football season was eventually completed.

I don't think the speedway season having to be extended by just a few days is going to be the end of the world.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

In a sport with so few teams, and with fixed race nights (so no clashes for the riders needed to compete), it does take something pretty special to still not have the league completed by the start of November...

Give me something to be positive about in UK domestic speedway ......... 

ENGLAND smashed the bangladeshi's in the T20  :-) :-) Well done ENGLAND.

GREAT BRITAIN  World Speedway Champions :-) :-)

Would not be happy if Poole postpone Fridays meeting because the want second leg !!!!   Not fair on away fans who have paid hotels arranged travel and got time off work .

• Like 7

1 minute ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Give me something to be positive about in UK domestic speedway ......... 

The encouraging increased crowds I saw at most the tracks that I attended this season was the biggest.  Once restrictions were lifted, most tracks seemed to be doing very well... as people made the most of being able to get out and about once more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew2021 said:

Poole won't cancel because they "want" the second leg. It will be on IF its dry. NOT if it pi&&es with rain as it most likely will from tomorrow and as it is in Scotland. ! No-one is happy with this ridiculous situation. If the Play-Offs were kept to top 4 we would not have been deep in this mess now. Poole have been "waiting" for others to finish i.e KOC and Play Offs.

They seemed pretty bullish on wanting the second leg so I think they will either way rearrange. Tbh the weather will do it for us I think!