British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

Of our riders all bring their best we have a chance. But if one or 2 throw in one of their wobblies then it's curtains. Tbh we've done for better than I thought when saw the team. I had 6th/7th in my head so no matter been a good year

53 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

We know we are the underdogs in this final and we have been so inconsistent all season, however I am sure the team will do their best and if all fire then we could have 2 cracking meetings. We have 1 heatleader against Poole's 3 but we didn't expect to take such a lead agains Edinburgh, so you never know, we might surprise the pirates

So difficult to know how it is going to go at Glasgow, it was one of our first away meetings. Ben Cook did well but he was at reserve then. Basso said he found Edinburgh difficult but got 13! Could do with him getting that score again! Will be hard against Connor and Marcin though! 

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Of our riders all bring their best we have a chance. But if one or 2 throw in one of their wobblies then it's curtains. Tbh we've done for better than I thought when saw the team. I had 6th/7th in my head so no matter been a good year

Would be interesting to see the prediction thread again as some didn't have Poole in top 6 but that could have been before covid and team changed a bit between 2020 and 2021. 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Would be interesting to see the prediction thread again as some didn't have Poole in top 6 but that could have been before covid and team changed a bit between 2020 and 2021. 

Think Redcar, Leicester, even Birmingham were even stronger fancied than the stripes. Kelleher for basso obviously been huge for pirates, as nowak for sedgy did for us... Well at home anyway!!

• Like 1

As Steve shovlar says Glasgow will need at least a 14-16 point lead to take to Poole to stand any chance of overall victory

Just now, topaz325 said:

As Steve shovlar says Glasgow will need at least a 14-16 point lead to take to Poole to stand any chance of overall victory

Even then probably need a broken chain or 2 at Poole. Why not getting over excited by it. No pressure

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not much talk from Glasgow fans on the subject of the meeting. Are they afraid to bring it up? I will make a prediction.Glasgow will need a 14-16 point lead to be champions.  If it’s 10  they still have a chance but need a rider to step up and score who hasn’t done too well at Poole in the past. Less then 10 and Pirates have every chance to be Champs. 

Well me and Rob have decided to fly up after all. 9 am from Gatwick to Glasgow, giving us most of the day up there before the meeting. Is there much to see in Glasgow? Or better to zip over to Edinburgh? I am not interested in walking around Primark or a shopping Center.

Awesome that ur flying up there lads #piratepride  

Now that's living alright! :t:

All decent attractions will be closed in Glasgow due to COP26 and traffic, public transport will be horrendous, best find a pub and have a few drinks, Glasgow airport is 8 miles outside of Glasgow, you could get a train to Balloch and see a bit of loch lomond

13 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

All decent attractions will be closed in Glasgow due to COP26 and traffic, public transport will be horrendous, best find a pub and have a few drinks, Glasgow airport is 8 miles outside of Glasgow, you could get a train to Balloch and see a bit of loch lomond

Castlemilk is nice they would get a nice friendly reception.

There must be a shuttle to the city centre from the airport, and back after the meeting. The seats in the airport are our b@b Tuesday night, with a 7 am flight back to Gatwick arriving 8.30 am. Saves a hell of a lot of driving!

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Castlemilk is nice they would get a nice friendly reception.

Is this how Glasgow fans treat visiting fans, with threatening undertones? Happened a few times on this thread. 

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Is this how Glasgow fans treat visiting fans, with threatening undertones? Happened a few times on this thread. 

Your having a laugh you clearly don’t understand humour and we’re is the threatening undertones you should get out more if you think that’s threatening.

Castlemilk is nice I hear.

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There must be a shuttle to the city centre from the airport, and back after the meeting. The seats in the airport are our b@b Tuesday night, with a 7 am flight back to Gatwick arriving 8.30 am. Saves a hell of a lot of driving!

First bus no. 500 from airport to Buchanan bus station in the city centre should be operating OK when you arrive. You should check when the last bus goes back to the airport. 

Remember your face mask/covering for the bus. 

Edited by SharpenRake

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yeah that's how we treat people. That's why been chosen for a global conference where hundreds of thousands of people expected. Sigh :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Your having a laugh you clearly don’t understand humour and we’re is the threatening undertones you should get out more if you think that’s threatening.

Castlemilk is nice I hear.

If the person you tell the joke to doesn't laugh then it isn't funny. You can hide behind supposed humour as an excuse but we all know it isn't that at all. You just take it too far cos SS winds you up. But why are we surprised when a member of your club swears openly at an opposition fan. Glad Glasgow aren't getting one penny off me. I was gonna buy the stream, but absolutely no chance. Twitter updates for me :t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1