Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If the person you tell the joke to doesn't laugh then it isn't funny. You can hide behind supposed humour as an excuse but we all know it isn't that at all. You just take it too far cos SS winds you up. But why are we surprised when a member of your club swears openly at an opposition fan. Glad Glasgow aren't getting one penny off me. I was gonna buy the stream, but absolutely no chance. Twitter updates for me :t:

Fickle bunch your lot , your being complimentary if you think he winds me up that was the funniest part of your post.

What member of our club are you referring to  I am sure he will be interested to hear your accusation.

Or is it maybe just hearsay.

Edited by Gazc

11 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Play offs should have been top 4 or top team seeded to final and 2nd and 3rd team ride home and away. Winner to final. 
Deadline date for fixture completion should never have been extended this year.

you can’t change play off rules during season.

I get your point about not changing play off rules during season and why that should be.  My point is that it's maybe different if it's in the interest of all concerned due to such as a worldwide pandemic and a change accordingly is required to properly manage things in the interest of the sport and all concerned, and which is then agreed at such as an EGM to clarify or tweak that e.g. its now been agreed that it will be top four only.  Might have been possible, maybe not, but that scenario would have been better you would think than ending up a shambles that some would say they should have seen coming.

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not much talk from Glasgow fans on the subject of the meeting. Are they afraid to bring it up? I will make a prediction.Glasgow will need a 14-16 point lead to be champions.  If it’s 10  they still have a chance but need a rider to step up and score who hasn’t done too well at Poole in the past. Less then 10 and Pirates have every chance to be Champs. 

Well me and Rob have decided to fly up after all. 9 am from Gatwick to Glasgow, giving us most of the day up there before the meeting. Is there much to see in Glasgow? Or better to zip over to Edinburgh? I am not interested in walking around Primark or a shopping Center.

Some would say, myself included, that there's no need for a playoff and the league positions already state the winners and runners-up.

Is there there much to see in Glasgow.  I guess if you go by the respective tourist boards and websites etc, surrounding areas etc, there would be an endless list of things.  Whatever floats your boat.  Could maybe kill two birds with one stone there, hire a canoe, use it at Strathclyde Park for an afternoon, then in the current climate travel to the stadium in it.

Edited by GS550

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

If the person you tell the joke to doesn't laugh then it isn't funny. You can hide behind supposed humour as an excuse but we all know it isn't that at all. You just take it too far cos SS winds you up. But why are we surprised when a member of your club swears openly at an opposition fan. Glad Glasgow aren't getting one penny off me. I was gonna buy the stream, but absolutely no chance. Twitter updates for me :t:

Quite right I'm boycotting the Poole stream on similar grounds... Oh wait... You're promotion have already done that for me :rofl:

And as has been pointed out to you several times now, the person posted that video is a well known wind up merchant who had a beer with said club official after the meeting. Get over it

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 2

There so precious this Poole lot well not all but the usual suspects, my jaw is aching with laughing.

Just for the avoidance of doubt quite a few of the posters on here recently are from the east. No complaints, they are totally entitled to comment, I'm mearly making an observation for the benefit of Poole fans particularly those that have never encountered banter, sarcasm and criticism before. 

9 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Kilts, haggis, jock-land. Megalolz

I’m now starting to come round to your way of thinking , I just shrug this bull they spout down too ignorance.

might be a wasted journey up here  if this weather doesn't change rain dew every day till tuesday and can’t see the track drying out any time soon 

8 minutes ago, mac101 said:

might be a wasted journey up here  if this weather doesn't change rain dew every day till tuesday and can’t see the track drying out any time soon 

According to forecast rain should stop by Monday evening so should dry in time I would have thought. 

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

According to forecast rain should stop by Monday evening so should dry in time I would have thought. 

It’s a big ask but fingers crossed.

• Like 1

With all that banking at Glasgow the water shud run off like off a duck's a*se! :t:

Edited by PirateShip

If you could divert the hot air from COP 26 onto the track that should dry it out pretty quick

Getting the bus into the city from airport will be easy, and the town will have its hat on to welcome you...

Well, maybe the welcome's for Joe Biden, Macron, Erdogan, Trudeau, Boris, Prince Charles, etc and the 25,000 delegates, but.....

So just walk about a fine Victorian city centre and enjoy the ambience.   Plenty of restaurants and pubs, etc.  As someone said, you need face-masks to go into shops, onto public transport, etc.

Take a taxi to the track, cheap as chips for the short journey.  Enjoy the city!

9 hours ago, Gazc said:

Fickle bunch your lot , your being complimentary if you think he winds me up that was the funniest part of your post.

What member of our club are you referring to  I am sure he will be interested to hear your accusation.

Or is it maybe just hearsay.

There is a video on twitter so more than hearsay.