British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

59 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

According to forecast rain should stop by Monday evening so should dry in time I would have thought. 

Not in Glasgow temperatures it won't lol

5 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Getting the bus into the city from airport will be easy, and the town will have its hat on to welcome you...

Well, maybe the welcome's for Joe Biden, Macron, Erdogan, Trudeau, Boris, Prince Charles, etc and the 25,000 delegates, but.....

So just walk about a fine Victorian city centre and enjoy the ambience.   Plenty of restaurants and pubs, etc.  As someone said, you need face-masks to go into shops, onto public transport, etc.

Take a taxi to the track, cheap as chips for the short journey.  Enjoy the city!

Thanks. I wear a face mask as a matter of course and courtesy to others. Never would enter a building without one. Only COVIDIOTS wouldn’t wear a mask.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

There is a video on twitter so more than hearsay. 

:D

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Must be true then why don’t you contact the club and tell them your not buying the stream as you are offended at someone swearing.

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thanks. I wear a face mask as a matter of course and courtesy to others. Never would enter a building without one. Only COVIDIOTS wouldn’t wear a mask.

As I mentioned above, not sure you saw it,  'First bus no. 500 from airport to Buchanan bus station in the city centre should be operating OK when you arrive. You should check when the last bus goes back to the airport.' Don't think the bus is a 24 hour service.

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

If you could divert the hot air from COP 26 onto the track that should dry it out pretty quick

the hot air just from bojo  would probably be enough

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Is that the lot Kym Marsh was in? Didn't realise their language was that bad.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You would have thought drainage would be good though 

IDK. On the news they were talking about floods in Cumbria and Southern Scotland. Would have to be excellent drainage! 

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Must be true then why don’t you contact the club and tell them your not buying the stream as you are offended at someone swearing.

Why do I need to tell them? I'm just not going to buy it! I don't like coconuts but I am not going to inform the Tesco staff why I am not buying them. 

Anyone connected with a speedway club should not be swearing at fans or fan in this case. It doesn't matter if it was a wind up or not. 

21 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Is that the lot Kym Marsh was in? Didn't realise their language was that bad.

I wouldn't admit to knowing who they are if I were you! ;):P

Serious question -  as someone who has been directly involved in a venue hosting a major convention with high security, will the extra COP26 attendees and Police and security services have any impact on access to the Ashfield Stadium area? (I'm not overly familiar with the city other than the area immediately around the SSE Arena.)

I would imagine there will be an additional security presence at the airport and any other travel hub, with at the very least Police asking people to 'move along' ?

Edited by Skidder1

31st October has always been cut off date for speedway as far as i can remember.

7 minutes ago, TINYS said:

31st October has always been cut off date for speedway as far as i can remember.

Whats your point? Both clubs requested special dispensation to extend into November.

Permission was granted as any delay was primarily down to other teams fixtures not being completed and was hardly the fault of either team in the final!

• Like 2