British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

FB!!!! She doesn't like Poole you know this! It would have been perfectly fine if Tom did it to Basso ;):o

Yeah i know it goes back a long way, not our fault Kings Lynn haven't won anything for a long time. Basso didn't do anything wrong, sort of thing that happens all the time in speedway. You would have thought he smashed him in the fence, all the Tigers fans on here and the commentator didn't see that Basso was at fault but a Kings Lynn fan did!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Argos said:

Who was Pooles Team Manager tonight? Niel of Havelock 

Sure seen havvy walking about with a burger, think middlo was in charge

Just now, Jaizer said:

Sure seen havvy walking about with a burger, think middlo was in charge

Havvy according to Poole twitter but they have both been going to home and away meetings since SF. 

3 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Middlo was there

And Middlo is the one being interviewed in local media. 

29 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

OK, well at the end of the meeting it was announced Neil Middleditch had said there will be. Someone somewhere is either making it up, or just hasn't been told there's a change.

We'll find out on Thursday!

Twitter acc was updated about no stream within the last hour, so I don't think there is unless they are seeing if it's possible. 

No one get your hopes up!! 

THERE IS NO LIVE STREAM ON THURSDAY.  Be there or miss out. Huge crowd expected. Lots coming down from Glasgow. 

Well a meeting that was very hard for both sets of riders. No quarter given all night. Every heat battled hard. I think we were unlucky when gating on two 5-1s only for one of our guys to fall on the third/forth bend. I spoke to both Danny and Ben Basso after the meeting and they both hit a small bump which was enough to lose balance. 

As for the brennan incident in heat 14, Tom gave it his all with an attempted massive blast around the outside. But he ran out of room and found Ben Basso was already there and down he went. A no brainer of a decision but the ref watched the replay and gave the only call he could make, much to the crowds displeasure. If he had excluded Basso he would be out of a job.   

Would I have taken ten point defeat before the meeting? Yes. At one stage it was looking much worse so we Poole fans have come away happy. Will we be able to claw it back? Yes! In fact it will take a monumental effort from glasgow to keep Poole from scoring 51. Possible? Yes. Likely? No. 

All nicely balanced. But advantage Pirates.. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheScotsman said:

Surprised the Polish guy didn't get more rides. 

Thought he was meant to be a match winner? 

The last time a Polish rider at reserve went to Poole for the second leg of a final and was deemed the match winner all hell broke loose 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

The last time a Polish rider at reserve went to Poole for the second leg of a final and was deemed the match winner all hell broke loose 

That year doesn't exist sorry! But if it did exist I'm sure Coventry only had a 6 point lead from their home leg so that's why I'm a bit cautious. You just never know with playoff finals. You have to expect the unexpected.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

No live stream is a disgrace.

Are Poole living in the 90s?

Oh I must have missed Peterborough's live streaming? Maybe you can send down the company they used..

8 minutes ago, eide67 said:

The eyes of the world have been on Glasgow this week as the great and the good descended on the city. Here are some quotes:

Joe Biden: " I'm really pleased to be here in Glasgow and pretty happy to take a 10 point lead down to Poole."

Greta Thunberg: "Cookie was pure dead brilliant in heat 15, by the way."

David Attenborough: "The Tigers (in their natural habitat) done good but it's only half time and it's a game of two halves, you know."

Leonardo DiCaprio: "Great job guys, specially Ricky and Broc. I can't make it on Thursday and I hear there's no live stream. That's a bit pish. I thought Poole were a big team?"

Greta has petitioned COP26 to have 2nd leg ridden with push bikes. No oil on the bike chains either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1