British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

Well trying to get any sleep at the airport is proving virtually impossible. They make it so the seats are so uncomfortable that you can forget it. Kip when I get home around lunchtime meaning about 32 hours awake! 

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I would be very surprised if it was bumpy that would favour Glasgow. Nothing wrong with the ref tonight , just some can't see that Basso didn't touch Brennan, it was Brennan's mistake. You make it sound like a Nicki P  move!  You will be moaning about Harris on Wright in the Premiership final next!

I'm more worried about the ref at Poole m8!

4 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Amazing! you never know who you are standing next to in the queue to get in. :t::cheers:

Nice to meet up last night Tyretrax and other forum members. Great meeting  with both teams giving it 100%. Well done to the Tigers on the night but its not over just yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Just seen advert sky sports looking for a tenner for the F1 this weekend PPV. At that pricing of streams isn't that bad IMO. I know Redcar are going forward with it, anyone else?

Said before, the BSPL should have done both legs sharing all costs and profits.. 

Could have done a bit of social media build up to the event on their own social media outlets and on every club website, and their social media, and maybe knocked out both legs for fifteen quid or so in total..

A sporting national title that doesnt have 'live' coverage could quite easily suggest it's a title not worth too much bothering about to be honest.. 

Personally I think the BSPL should collectively do a "Championship Match Of The Week" all season to give the 2nd tier some importance..

• Like 3

Well done to both teams on last night's performance.

The thought also occurs that despite a degree of negativity as regards Poole supporters from some quarters along the lines of such as the Championship doesn't need Poole or their supporters, etc, it seems to me to be almost the opposite, i.e. good team, good supporters that know their speedway, just enthusiastic, maybe a fraction over enthusiastic sometimes and why not.  Not a so called 'love in' (defo not!), just a bit of credit where credit's due.

It will be tough down there, 10 points isn't much, Tigers have it all to do.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Said before, the BSPL should have done both legs sharing all costs and profits.. 

Could have done a bit of social media build up to the event on their own social media outlets and on every club website, and their social media, and maybe knocked out both legs for fifteen quid or so in total..

A sporting national title that doesnt have 'live' coverage could quite easily suggest it's a title not worth too much bothering about to be honest.. 

Personally I think the BSPL should collectively do a "Championship Match Of The Week" all season to give the 2nd tier some importance..

Well said that man :t: 

i thought the stream was excellent .the meeting was just as good .i thought when we got heat 14 and 8 points down i was thinking after heat 15 we just may be 16 points down which we are not  everything to play for 

1 hour ago, Trees said:

I'm more worried about the ref at Poole m8!

Come down and see if the rules and all is fair. You may need a trip to the Optician first to check that you are seeing things correctly. 

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

i thought the stream was excellent .the meeting was just as good .i thought when we got heat 14 and 8 points down i was thinking after heat 15 we just may be 16 points down which we are not  everything to play for 

Yes Ray I think 10 points down is a good result, when we went 6 points down after a good start I was fearing 16 down which I think would have been too much to overcome. There were critical points in the second half that helped like Rorys pass on Nicol, maybe Hume was a bit unlucky as I thought he rode well but Ben Cook was poor, we will need better from him at home. 

Thought the Basso/Brennan decision was correct but a howler from the ref in Heat 2. Excluding Marcin for a non-existent tape touch and screwing the gate 4 advantage for the Tigers. Could be very costly. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fingersfin said:

Thought the Basso/Brennan decision was correct but a howler from the ref in Heat 2. Excluding Marcin for a non-existent tape touch and screwing the gate 4 advantage for the Tigers. Could be very costly. 

I was on the far side and was convinced he never touched them, if he didn't then that is a horror decision, especially in such an important meeting. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Last ever?! I better go then! Even though I'm gonna be a bit tight on time. 

Can’t see it being last ever when Danny Ford has said in the paper about plans for 2022 and riders already signed. 

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Can’t see it being last ever when Danny Ford has said in the paper about plans for 2022 and riders already signed. 

Hardly conclusive evidence, Kent had already made announcements about 2022 and look where they are now.

16 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Hardly conclusive evidence, Kent had already made announcements about 2022 and look where they are now.

True but someone I don't know saying it on a forum isn't exactly conclusive either is it and he said could be last meeting so he's covered himself.