British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

A good team performance from Glasgow last night but will 10 points be enough......will need Cook, Wells and Brennan to score about 9/10 points apiece at least.

Poole are strong at home but if the Tigers get stuck in early on they can do it.

• Like 1

Back  now at Gatwick. Very easy and good way to go. Just a shame COP26 was on to mess up hotels. Happy with the ten point gap. Think we will do it. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 hour ago, Fingersfin said:

Thought the Basso/Brennan decision was correct but a howler from the ref in Heat 2. Excluding Marcin for a non-existent tape touch and screwing the gate 4 advantage for the Tigers. Could be very costly. 

I sit directly under the referee and yes Marcin moved but he did not touch the tapes, never seen an exclusion light come on so quick in all my years of attending speedway. His decision to exclude Marcin was shocking, the exclusion of Tom was the right one as there was no contact and Tom was trying to go through a non existent space

2 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

I sit directly under the referee and yes Marcin moved but he did not touch the tapes, never seen an exclusion light come on so quick in all my years of attending speedway. His decision to exclude Marcin was shocking, the exclusion of Tom was the right one as there was no contact and Tom was trying to go through a non existent space

Watched it back on stream 100% didn't touch tapes. Then thought maybe it's for delaying start, but Zach cook was last to tapes. An absolute howler of decision don't know why management didn't show ref the replays. That's a 2/4 point swing right there

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Back  now at Gatwick. Very easy and good way to go. Just a shame COP26 was on to mess up hotels. Happy with the ten point gap. Think we will do it. 

Glad you enjoyed it Steve and that you are optimistic for Thursday.thought our heat leaders were disappointing. Glasgow fans were whingeing about the basso Brennan incident but clearly there was no contact basso was ahead and therefore it was for Brennan to ease off.

hope our track is similar to KO final-best it’s been for a while

Edited by Supersub
Doyle entry

1 minute ago, Supersub said:

Glad you enjoyed it Steve and that you are optimistic for Thursday.thought our heat leaders were disappointing. Glasgow fans were whingeing about the basso Brennan incident but clearly there was no contact basso was ahead and therefore it was for Brennan to ease offGlasgow fans were whingeing about the basso Brennan incident but clearly there was no contact basso was ahead and therefore it was for Brennan to ease off

We weren't whingeing, just trying to influence the referee after his shocker in heat 2. 

Agreed about Heat 2, terrible decision. It isn’t over yet as this is speedway! If or heat leaders ride as they normally do, we should be ok + Cook rides h & c at Poole normally. It should be a good meeting 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Come down and see if the rules and all is fair. You may need a trip to the Optician first to check that you are seeing things correctly. 

Don't think so!!!!

46 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

True but someone I don't know saying it on a forum isn't exactly conclusive either is it and he said could be last meeting so he's covered himself. 

I know who it is ;) But it could be track side rumours heard last night? Another one was we were going to a stream! 

45 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don't know if I am being a bit negative but I've seen teams defend less leads at Poole in playoff finals in the past! 

1 hour ago, Fingersfin said:

Thought the Basso/Brennan decision was correct but a howler from the ref in Heat 2. Excluding Marcin for a non-existent tape touch and screwing the gate 4 advantage for the Tigers. Could be very costly. 

Maybe they need some sort of tape line technology ;)

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

A good team performance from Glasgow last night but will 10 points be enough......will need Cook, Wells and Brennan to score about 9/10 points apiece at least.

Poole are strong at home but if the Tigers get stuck in early on they can do it.

If you swap Wells for Broc as pretty sure he must have got double figures last time Glasgow were at Poole or pretty close to it. Wells prob 6ish I'd say. 

Okay just checked previous scores and Broc only got 6! Performance was definitely better! Thinking he was leading one race and fell off. Brennan only got 4, surprised. Thought he got more. 

Edited by lisa-colette

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I know who it is ;) But it could be track side rumours heard last night? Another one was we were going to a stream! 

The stream one was announced at the track last night information given to them by Neil Middleditch , if it happens it happens if not what can you do except updates it is what it is. 

Definitely going to need a good start. Like Poole's start last night going to need to be at least level after heat 4 try and put bit of pressure on. Early 5-1 against probably be curtains

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

The stream one was announced at the track last night information given to them by Neil Middleditch , if it happens it happens if not what can you do except updates it is what it is. 

Maybe they were trying to see if it was viable and Middlo jumped the gun a bit! Speedway portal on YouTube do show Poole highlights along with races from Plymouth and IOW over the season, so a shame they can't do it tbh.