British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

Am I there yer? :cry:

(Looks out window)

Noooooooo :(

Maiden Newton it says! MFN 

Edited by PirateShip

Relax pirateship .    let the train take the strain  B) and take a chill pill  ( not the blue one tho )

13 minutes ago, jenga said:

Relax pirateship .    let the train take the strain  B) and take a chill pill  ( not the blue one tho )

All's chilling, now in Dorchester, half hour from Pirate Land :t:

Happy 53rd Birthday to Pirates co-team manager Gary Havelock today. 53 Pirate points will do very nicely tonite. I thank you......!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Whichever the Trackrat ones go under probably!!;) Imagine hating a sports club that much? What a massive waste of energy! 

Why is hate to not think you will win? 

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Happy 53rd Birthday to Pirates co-team manager Gary Havelock today. 53 Pirate points will do very nicely tonite. I thank you......!

Well said Skidder :t:

Happy Birthday Havvy :cheers:

Yeahhhhh PirateShip just docked onto Pirate Land! 

Bring it On! :party:

This is it then folks, again a safe, enjoyable meeting to you all and good luck to both teams but an extra sprinkle for the Tigers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Whichever the Trackrat ones go under probably!!;) Imagine hating a sports club that much? What a massive waste of energy! 

Imagine sitting at home all day on your phone worrying about someone you've never met ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Wot happens if it's a draw on agg? Dare I ask...

Presume normally it wud be replayed but can't see that happening for obvious reasons.

Wud it be decided on head to head agg, league position.....either of these Poole win.

Golden heats?

Anyone know?

It will be golden heats. Nominated riders. First team to record a heat advantage wins so, for example, a 4-2 to either team in heat 16/31 would be enough to take the title. If heat 16/31 was a 3-3 then on to heat 17/32 with different nominated riders looking for a heat advantage to win the meeting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Andrew2021 said:

Have a watch of my video for a warm up....this was done during lock-down.

That was a very enjoyable walk down memory lane, thank you for sharing, very well done

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Andrew2021 said:

Have a watch of my video for a warm up....this was done during lock-down.

Is that Shovlar at the beginning? The one with ginger hair?

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Easy away win… will be over by heat 12 

Ha ha Mr I have a Grudge against Poole and anything connected to Poole Speedway. 

Coventry Bees fan aren't you.

Anyway if we loose then so be it  but if we do come out on top I can't wait for your reaction.:party:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Wot happens if it's a draw on agg? Dare I ask...

Presume normally it wud be replayed but can't see that happening for obvious reasons.

Wud it be decided on head to head agg, league position.....either of these Poole win.

Golden heats?

Anyone know?

Golden Heats is probably the way of it as has been suggested, unlike full 2-leg Replay 30 years ago when that year's KO Cup Final ended in an aggregate draw down there after Arena Essex had kept it to only 2 points from the first leg at Shawfield and everybody thought the second leg was a formality.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, GS550 said:

Golden Heats is probably the way of it as has been suggested, unlike full 2-leg Replay 30 years ago when that year's KO Cup Final ended in an aggregate draw down there after Arena Essex had kept it to only 2 points from the first leg at Shawfield and everybody thought the second leg was a formality.

Appreciate all the responses. :t:

• Thanks 1