Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

12 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Easy away win… will be over by heat 12 

You were saying, d*ck :party:

• Like 1

Definitely Worrall on the line in H13

IMG_2591.jpeg

Edited by daz9100
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Neila said:

Oh dear poor Tigger's another fortune spent/running at a loss and still no trophy .

More about having a team that is competitive instead of being near the bottom of the league with Steve Lawson on his own and virtually nobody else.  A decent stadium, decent track, runners-up the last couple of seasons (not counting 2020), they're certainly competing and that's all you can ask for.  Fine margins after that.  I guess you reckon 3rd placed Leicester and 4th placed Redcar are abysmal then.

7 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Definitely Worrall on the line in H13

IMG_2591.jpeg

cook looks to have got that from the picture .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I got so excited in the Champs Bar that I did a little trump! Hope no one noticed

:lol:

• Like 1

Typical Poole fans... they win the league p offs and all they do is moan about the ref deciding Craig Cook beat Worrall ! 

Surprised old Middleditch hasn’t lodged a protest. ;-)

As I predicted first few heats were telling... Poole 6 points up after 2 and Glasgow crumbled. 

Well done Poole you won the league and the p offs. Riders can collect their bonus payments free holidays etc etc  and lets see what the BSPL can concoct for team building in 2022. 

8 minutes ago, jenga said:

cook looks to have got that from the picture .

:rofl: Cook is in white.

16 minutes ago, GS550 said:

More about having a team that is competitive instead of being near the bottom of the league with Steve Lawson on his own and virtually nobody else.  A decent stadium, decent track, runners-up the last couple of seasons (not counting 2020), they're certainly competing and that's all you can ask for.  Fine margins after that.  I guess you reckon 3rd placed Leicester and 4th placed Redcar are abysmal then.

Biggest thing for Tigers is that they own their stadium and have facility to practice any time too. A thing rest of clubs can only dream about. 

Here's one with the line drawn in, just for clarity sake  

IMG_2591.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Okay but the ref only saw it in real time and even the photo only has inches in it. 

It was clearly a 5-1. No way did anyone think Cook had got Worrall on the line. Video and photo prove it. Luckily didn’t affect result but what if it had and the Glasgow had won 91-89? 

Not much use posting a photo from behind the riders angles, are deceiving, need one on the line.

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It was clearly a 5-1. No way did anyone think Cook had got Worrall on the line. Video and photo prove it. Luckily didn’t affect result but what if it had and the Glasgow had won 91-89? 

Cook had the momentum from 4th bend coming to the line, prob why ref said Cook. I did think Steve had it but I was by 4th bend so my angle wasn't straight. Although fans in front of me were celebrating and then stopped when they went over the line, like they thought Cook had it. Well my daughter thought Steve had it as well as she filled out 5-1! lol. A bit of scribbling out had to be done! 

39 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Here's one with the line drawn in, just for clarity sake  

IMG_2591.jpeg

Well, if you are just going to make up where the line goes, you can probably make a good case for yourself...Shame the actual white line is visible between the spokes :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew2021 said:

50 years as a Pirate fan & tonight was the most satisfying Championship ever imo.

Glasgow were a great team all season. A joy to watch different clubs all season. The Championship has been a breathe of fresh air. 

Speedway is so tough. The riders are so tough, and losing is so tough. Well done Glasgow for a competitive season.

As for the crowd booing Cookie, what was that about! 

You're all heroes in my book. 

Pirates' 18 League Championship in all.  I'm a happy man tonight.

The booing was prob from the time when he squeezed Josh G and he ended up on the greyhound track. Some not forgiven him yet! Although he didn't get boo'd in the previous Glasgow meeting.