British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

Well done plucky Poole..

Every time I read a Poole match thread on here they were always very much the "underdogs" it appeared....

With the other team seemingly having Laguta, Bartek, and Woffy level riders as heat leaders..

And even that level at reserve sometimes..

Whereas Poole had to make do with only top tier heat leaders Danny King , Rory Schlein and Steve Worrall as their heat leaders in the 2nd Division...

Well done say all of us to the "Leicester City of Speedway"...:D

46 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Is it not every teams “obvious ambition to win”? The only promoter I can recall whose ambition was to come no better than second every year was the late Ian Thomas. His logic was that, once you’ve won, your fans expect you to win every year. And, if you don’t, then they disappear. If you are towards the top of the league but don’t win, you still leave something for your supporters to strive for.

It would be fair to say that what Stewart Dickson and the team achieved for Leicester in 2019 gave us high hopes for this season, but it wasn't to be and Poole and Glasgow earned their rightful place as the top two clubs.  Don't however think for one minute that Leicester's loudest and proudest wont be turning up in large numbers next year but disappear instead. There's already a buzz around Leicester speedway following last Saturdays party as to who the gaffer will pull out of the hat for us to support next year.  In the gaffer we trust and we'll be there to support him and the team!

Edited by PowerfulPierre
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Is it not every teams “obvious ambition to win”? The only promoter I can recall whose ambition was to come no better than second every year was the late Ian Thomas. His logic was that, once you’ve won, your fans expect you to win every year. And, if you don’t, then they disappear. If you are towards the top of the league but don’t win, you still leave something for your supporters to strive for.

Wasn't this Martin Rogers' philosophy too?

35 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

It would be fair to say that what Stewart Dixon and the team achieved for Leicester in 2019 gave us high hopes for this season, but it wasn't to be and Poole and Glasgow earned their rightful place as the top two clubs.  Don't however think for one minute that Leicester's loudest and proudest wont be turning up in large numbers next year but disappear instead. There's already a buzz around Leicester speedway following last Saturdays party as to who the gaffer will pull out of the hat for us to support next year.  In the gaffer we trust and we'll be there to support him and the team!

Might help if u get the gaffer's name right before you trust in him, don't u mean Martin Dixon? :rofl:

4 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Might help if u get the gaffer's name right before you trust in him, don't u mean Martin Dixon? :rofl:

Stewart Dickson!

3 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

Stewart Dickson!

Yes the very man, one of the top managers around :t:

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Yes the very man, one of the top managers around :t:

I'm at Leicester most weeks as it's me nearest track. Always banter between me the Pirate & me Lions mates. And Lenny collars me every time as well! :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Gazc think he is referring to a quote from Peter from the documentary.

A whole 2 Years ago .

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

I'm at Leicester most weeks as it's me nearest track. Always banter between me the Pirate & me Lions mates. And Lenny collars me every time as well! :lol:

Can we jujst deal with the important question - who is inside the Lenny costume? I've heard its Norrie Allen.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Can we jujst deal with the important question - who is inside the Lenny costume? I've heard its Norrie Allen.

David Hensley? :rofl:

Well he wants to keep a check on everything so wot better way to do it than undercover! :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

David Hensley? :rofl:

Well he wants to keep a check on everything so wot better way to do it than undercover! :rofl:

Who?????

On 10/23/2021 at 2:39 AM, HenryW said:

Ashfield dry and slick at the back end of October? Good luck with that thought. :unsure::rolleyes:

Well it was slick and dry.;)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Never said that once…. Very odd 

Poole MX pirates win the who cares trophy look forward to reading all the press on this one  :D

Track was very smooth last night. As usual you don't know what you are talking about. 

Edited by foreverblue

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Who?????

I thought you would be on here congratulating us on our fantastic win against all odds coming back from a 10point deficit! 

• Haha 1