British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

49 minutes ago, GS550 said:

As it should be anyway.  Don't believe in playoffs.

Play offs are usually a lottery as they are ridden late in the season when the weather isn't so great but they bring in the crowds and are usually fantastic meetings as we saw in the Premiership play offs. I have always thought you need to top the table too so nobody can say you weren't the best. Personally I love them for the drama and excitement they  produce and the all out everything on the line racing that just doesn't happen in normal league racing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Play offs are usually a lottery as they are ridden late in the season when the weather isn't so great but they bring in the crowds and are usually fantastic meetings as we saw in the Premiership play offs. I have always thought you need to top the table too so nobody can say you weren't the best. Personally I love them for the drama and excitement they  produce and the all out everything on the line racing that just doesn't happen in normal league racing. 

agree cant get any better than the two playoff meetings in the premiership this season :t:

Hopefully both legs are ridden on tracks that provide good racing (ie not sodden) but with the weather that’s forecast for the rest of the week I cannot see it.

Please BSPA (?) end the league and finals in September .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Hopefully both legs are ridden on tracks that provide good racing (ie not sodden) but with the weather that’s forecast for the rest of the week I cannot see it.

Please BSPA (?) end the league and finals in September .

Yes agree with that, looking at forecasts for both tracks it is possible both tracks will be dry at the time of the meetings, just depends if they can get the tracks dry enough to race on prior to the meeting. As i said previously i have been to many wet meetings where sawdust was used to dry the track and went to a cup meeting at Poole on a Sunday many years ago which was delayed for about 2 hours so they could sort the track after a heavy downpour, obviously  they couldn't delay a night meeting but the could use sawdust or something similar if sawdust isn't allowed these days .

For future there needs to be dates set for various rounds of competitions to be held and if a home track cannot complete the meeting by the set date then they will forfeit the meeting.  This season we had Leicester have a rain off in the play off quarter final then being allowed to run it 7 days later which was then cancelled due to an ambulance break down and then ran 3 days later a total delay of 10 days from the original staging date.  

• Like 2

should have penciled in thurs for our home meeting and friday for rain off day   

47 minutes ago, ray c said:

should have penciled in thurs for our home meeting and friday for rain off day   

Glasgow prob already said they wanted Thursday as plan b and also Poole will want to keep 2nd leg at home.

51 minutes ago, snapper said:

For future there needs to be dates set for various rounds of competitions to be held and if a home track cannot complete the meeting by the set date then they will forfeit the meeting.  This season we had Leicester have a rain off in the play off quarter final then being allowed to run it 7 days later which was then cancelled due to an ambulance break down and then ran 3 days later a total delay of 10 days from the original staging date.  

Agree said this at the time but get told I'm moaning too much! Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Agree said this at the time but get told I'm moaning too much! Lol

Mona Lisa..........nah! :D

Lisa seems to be a sensible person on ere who answers folk like moi with respect & politeness. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Mona Lisa..........nah! :D

Lisa seems to be a sensible person on ere who answers folk like moi with respect & politeness. 

Maybe if you treated others with respect and politeness it would be reciprocated :t:

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Maybe if you treated others with respect and politeness it would be reciprocated :t:

Wotever! :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Wotever! :rofl:

Anyways, Danny Ford said he gonna fix up a 70inch 4K 3D twiddly knobs TV screen up for me to watch the live stream! :party:

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Andrew2021 said:

Fridays weather is for rain, and Saturday, and Sunday. I don't think the second leg will happen until Nov 3.

Friday looks a dry day after early morning rain. A risk of a few showers in the morning to leave a dry afternoon and evening. Season should be done and dusted by 10pm Friday.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Friday looks a dry day after early morning rain. A risk of a few showers in the morning to leave a dry afternoon and evening. Season should be done and dusted by 10pm Friday.

Fingers crossed, as Monday would be difficult for me. Weekends are fine though!