Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Give me something to be positive about in UK domestic speedway ......... 

 

The encouraging increased crowds I saw at most the tracks that I attended this season was the biggest.  Once restrictions were lifted, most tracks seemed to be doing very well... as people made the most of being able to get out and about once more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poole won't cancel because they "want" the second leg. It will be on IF its dry. NOT if it pi&&es with rain as it most likely will from tomorrow and as it is in Scotland. ! No-one is happy with this ridiculous situation. If the Play-Offs were kept to top 4 we would not have been deep in this mess now. Poole have been "waiting" for others to finish i.e KOC and Play Offs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andrew2021 said:

Poole won't cancel because they "want" the second leg. It will be on IF its dry. NOT if it pi&&es with rain as it most likely will from tomorrow and as it is in Scotland. ! No-one is happy with this ridiculous situation. If the Play-Offs were kept to top 4 we would not have been deep in this mess now. Poole have been "waiting" for others to finish i.e KOC and Play Offs.

 

They seemed pretty bullish on wanting the second leg so I think they will either way rearrange. Tbh the weather will do it for us I think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CitizenTyler said:

They seemed pretty bullish on wanting the second leg so I think they will either way rearrange. Tbh the weather will do it for us I think!

Enjoy your Christmas parties at the speedway

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andrew2021 said:

Poole won't cancel because they "want" the second leg. It will be on IF its dry. NOT if it pi&&es with rain as it most likely will from tomorrow and as it is in Scotland. ! No-one is happy with this ridiculous situation. If the Play-Offs were kept to top 4 we would not have been deep in this mess now. Poole have been "waiting" for others to finish i.e KOC and Play Offs.

 

Only quoting on what the Poole fans are saying on this thread !!!!    We have all waiting long enough for this , so ifs it dry and a raceable track it should be run , it makes no difference to me who has first or second leg , I like many other Glasgow fans have arranged time off work and paid for hotel rooms , Poole and Kent are the only tracks I have not been to this season following the tigers , so would be good to visit , if it was arranged for next week then I wouldn’t be able to attend .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Expecting it off on Friday as Poole wAnt second leg. 

That seems quite likely from what I have just heard at the track but let’s see!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we can run the meeting friday run it and lets get it over with win or lose :t:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If these meetings get rained off again then what are Poole & Glasgow fans  thoughts about  a straight one off winner takes all final at a neutral track like Leicester on Saturday 6th November 

Edited by flagrag
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flagrag said:

If these meetings get rained off again then what are Poole & Glasgow fans  thoughts about  a straight one off winner takes all final at a neutral track like Leicester on Saturday 6th November 

Far too sensible lol. I'd suggested that in best. Hold a play off tournament over a weekend at a neutral venue. But yes if gets it over I'd be for it. Whether each clubs money men would agree with me is a different matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, flagrag said:

If these meetings get rained off again then what are Poole & Glasgow fans  thoughts about  a straight one off winner takes all final at a neutral track like Leicester on Saturday 6th November 

Leicester is a horrible track, no thanks, did you choose that because Poole won both their matches there?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

2nd  November  now

First Overrun into Nov since 2001.

Still at least Glasgow should get bumper crowd with all those COP delegates in town.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Leicester is a horrible track, no thanks, did you choose that because Poole won both their matches there?

Fair point. If said belle Vue, Scunthorpe or Redcar different story 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, arnieg said:

First Overrun into Nov since 2001.

Still at least Glasgow should get bumper crowd with all those COP delegates in town.

What 2001 meeting ran in November?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy