British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

Just now, Jaizer said:

This is Glasgow not Edinburgh :rofl:

Lol, I can't keep up! So many times I have nearly done this and checked at the last minute and changed the team name!

Okay then they might have a point, with the 16+ , though poles are generally good at Poole. So could be a real battle between Marcin and Basso!

I agree on top 4 rather than top 6 for playoffs, but I also understand why it’s top 6. It does mean there’s more speedway top watch, and if the season starts when it should next year, perhaps it will be easier. Perhaps.

Really looking forward to the final, not least because when Poole visited at the start of the season, it was streaming only (I think). Will be nice to see in person, even if it will be cold. Forecast is grim but Tuesday’s forecast is only for light rain at the moment, so a little improvement might make the difference, as it did this week. I’m trying to be optimistic.

• Like 1

Mon the pirates two big 20 point wins please.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Never a fan of p.offs to be honest.  Performance over the entire season should be what counts ...not just over 30 heats in a sudden death final.  This season Poole would have been league champions. p offs running in early winter i n the mud are hardly a good advert for speedway.

If the TV sponsors want to have their cameras at a "grand final " meeting then by all means have a "p off"  called the BT Sports Trophy or something.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Haha bitter much?

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Haha bitter much?

It’s all he has left after his team take another doin today.

His wind up posts usually backfire and then he disappears until the dust settles.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Haha bitter much?

Anyone but Glasgow, should know this by now.

• Like 2

Going to be really tough for Poole on a wet Tuesday night in Glasgow. Rory Schlein got injured on the first bend of heat one, and Ben Basso has never seen the place. We need to keep it to ten or less and the team are capable. Let’s hope the rain stays away for both meetings and it’s played out fairly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

I'll take a loss within 10! Think we lost by 14 before but Ben Cook did well. However he's slightly lost form atm. Hope Basso likes it! Need to keep Marcin quiet;)

Also could depend on who is guesting at reserve? Might be Zach? 

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Never a fan of p.offs to be honest.  Performance over the entire season should be what counts ...not just over 30 heats in a sudden death final.  This season Poole would have been league champions. p offs running in early winter i n the mud are hardly a good advert for speedway.

If the TV sponsors want to have their cameras at a "grand final " meeting then by all means have a "p off"  called the BT Sports Trophy or something.

And even without playoffs, league title would have gone down to last few meetings as got close between top 4. 

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Gives a little wriggle room if there’s a rainoff. Downside is Poole will have to travel from Glasgow to Poole Tuesday night, get some sleep, then race on Wednesday evening. Riders could well be knackered. 

The 2 main finals, crammed in at the arse end of the season like this is rubbish, and will affect attendances.

Teams have travelled these kind of distances and raced next day many times over the years.:rolleyes: Riders jump on planes then travel for hours in cars and ride the next night on the Continent .The pit crew driving while the rider is sleeping is the norm.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'll take a loss within 10! Think we lost by 14 before but Ben Cook did well. However he's slightly lost form atm. Hope Basso likes it! Need to keep Marcin quiet;)

I only have the Tigers scores, but it was 14 points. Very different Tigers team though. Craig had 15, Broc 5, Ricky 3+1, Sam 12 but from reserve.

Ricky and Sam are key for us. If they turn up, we can win big. If they don’t, it becomes a struggle. We were much more predictable in the middle of the season with Ulrich at 5 and Ricky at 3. We’ve found balance a bit hard to come by since then.

id really love to see Ulrich and Marcin back next season. They’re both great to watch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I only have the Tigers scores, but it was 14 points. Very different Tigers team though. Craig had 15, Broc 5, Ricky 3+1, Sam 12 but from reserve.

Ricky and Sam are key for us. If they turn up, we can win big. If they don’t, it becomes a struggle. We were much more predictable in the middle of the season with Ulrich at 5 and Ricky at 3. We’ve found balance a bit hard to come by since then.

id really love to see Ulrich and Marcin back next season. They’re both great to watch.

We haven’t been beaten big all season. Think our biggest defeat was at Glasgow without Schlein and on a very, very wet Scunthorpe with the team under orders to stay safe. We are in good form, have a good reserve and want the title. We won’t crumble like Edinburgh did the other day.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Riders could well be knackered. 

Our boys could be rusty.

Which one is it ???? More excuses than a dead horse has flies.

• Like 1