British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

Just now, lisa-colette said:

I don't think he's ruthless (going from what I've seen this season) and he could have been looking behind because he was worried about being too close to Tom? But no one should be giving an inch in a playoff final. So if Tom wants to ride hard back, that's up to him! 

I’m sure he will.

Just now, SharpenRake said:

Aye right or in Worrall's case eyes right.

Just watched it on stream he was quite upright head wasn't tilted all the way to the magnets. Listen, I could be wrong it happens often but cookie moved slightly then Steve went through them

Don’t think Basso caused Tom to fall.Tom was loosing it on the outside line and front wheel got into the heavy dirt coming out the bend,think the Ref got it right.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I’m sure he will.

I've seen Cook put Josh G at Poole on the greyhound track before so nothing I haven't seen previously! Klindt had be held back in the pits.  

Anyway Cook has behaved himself at Poole since then, so doesn't get boo'd anymore! ;)

Edited by lisa-colette

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Just watched it on stream he was quite upright head wasn't tilted all the way to the magnets. Listen, I could be wrong it happens often but cookie moved slightly then Steve went through them

Not disputing that Craig moved slightly but no rider on gate 4 is looking at the rider on gate 3 and certainly not Steve Worrall who at Ashfield relies on making a good start to win races 

Well that was enjoyable. Great meeting, Poole are a class act but we've definitely kept ourselves in it.

27 minutes ago, Tigeratheart said:

Just like to say fantasic chat and banter with the Poole fans that made the trip , see you all Thursday !!!!   Have a safe journey home x

DJ thinking of playing Eye of the Tiger or Tiger feet for when Glasgow riders are paraded, any preferences? What about Roar by Katy Perry, sure that has a Tiger reference in it! 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

DJ thinking of playing Eye of the Tiger or Tiger feet for when Glasgow riders are paraded, any preferences? What about Roar by Katy Perry, sure that has a Tiger reference in it! 

All staples at ashfield

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t think Basso caused Tom to fall.Tom was loosing it on the outside line and front wheel got into the heavy dirt coming out the bend,think the Ref got it right.

Exiting the bend Tom was going for the outside run he as far as I could see was still in complete control as I was standing just before the start line Basso glanced over his right shoulder and slammed the door shut , hard move but Tom being excluded was correct as Basso was in front wasn’t best pleased with Basso right enough was Tom racing incident but Tom was never out of control until he had nowhere to go.

• Like 1

Must admit tonight I did boo basso after that incident!!!!!!   Something I’m not proud of , don’t boo riders as a rule , but thought that was a bit naughty, after hearing good things about him and his heat 1 win , just never materialised after that .

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I've seen Cook put Josh G at Poole on the greyhound track before so nothing I haven't seen previously! Klindt had be held back in the pits.  

Anyway Cook has behaved himself at Poole since then, so doesn't get boo'd anymore! ;)

Seen a few dodgy moves over the years the worst by a country mile was Phil Morris on David McCallan an absolute disgrace that ended a career and long term issues.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They used to ride out to eye of the tiger , don’t know why that’s sort of disappeared!!!   Roar by Katy Perry is also something that the starter girls used to dance to at interval .

• Like 1

Just now, Gazc said:

Seen a few dodgy moves over the years the worst by a country mile was Phil Morris on David McCallan an absolute disgrace that ended a career and long term issues.

My old man had to hold me back that day looked right, turned right, ended a career and caused life changing injuries. Makes me sick he's involved in gps

• Like 3

Weej should be able to hold on to the 10 point lead at Poole. 

Can't believe I've written that! 

• Like 1