British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

46 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Watched it back on stream 100% didn't touch tapes. Then thought maybe it's for delaying start, but Zach cook was last to tapes. An absolute howler of decision don't know why management didn't show ref the replays. That's a 2/4 point swing right there

Referee can't use replays unless it is a professional TV broadcasting company. Not sure a streaming company would qualify for that, if so would have to be agreed beforehand I'd assume!

1 minute ago, Marshall07 said:

Referee can't use replays unless it is a professional TV broadcasting company. Not sure a streaming company would qualify for that, if so would have to be agreed beforehand I'd assume!

VAR  the way forward Lol.

Then again maybe not.

5 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Used them for the basso Brennan incident.

I also remember an incident snapper went up and showed the referee a still showing it was not the Glasgow rider who touched the tapes

Edited by Jaizer

32 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If you swap Wells for Broc as pretty sure he must have got double figures last time Glasgow were at Poole or pretty close to it. Wells prob 6ish I'd say. 

Okay just checked previous scores and Broc only got 6! Performance was definitely better! Thinking he was leading one race and fell off. Brennan only got 4, surprised. Thought he got more. 

Nicol also scored 11 guesting for Scunthorpe from the number 1 position

45 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I know who it is ;) But it could be track side rumours heard last night? Another one was we were going to a stream! 

Just hope tomorrow we are not the ones with our eyes streaming! 

8 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Coming down for this, can you pay at the gate?

you sure can 

• Like 1

Reading Poole match report there, what they on about with cook in heat 13? He didn't touch tapes so if was penalised would've been called back n given a second chance. Find that a very odd thing to have said

Glasgow need to avoid the bumpy outside line on bend 2, keep it low down for the faster route

• Confused 1

The key to the second leg is can glasgow hide jensen, whilst sneaking about 3-4 points out of him, the pole should be ok round there.

Poole are favs despite the deficit

Jensen was all over the place most of the time,no lack of effort ,but really needs dirt on the track to show his best.Jury is out on him for me.

6 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

The key to the second leg is can glasgow hide jensen, whilst sneaking about 3-4 points out of him, the pole should be ok round there.

Poole are favs despite the deficit

Jensen who was paid for 2 wins at Poole last time he was there?

Need all 7 tigers to be at their best and no silly mistakes. Leicester were 6 points down by heat 3 in the play offs semi yet still only lost by 6. I think we are better than Leicester. So it's not impossible but we need to be clever and use our reserves wisely. We also could do with a bit of luck :D

Think people need their head checked if they thought basso was at fault in heat 14. Brennan had lost control about half way round the bend then ran out of room going for a gap that didn’t exist. 
Thought the exclusion of the newly wed in heat 2 was a bit harsh. Will the falls of basso and Hume while on heat advantages be costly for the pirates come tomorrow night.