Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

i thought the stream was excellent .the meeting was just as good .i thought when we got heat 14 and 8 points down i was thinking after heat 15 we just may be 16 points down which we are not  everything to play for 

Yes Ray I think 10 points down is a good result, when we went 6 points down after a good start I was fearing 16 down which I think would have been too much to overcome. There were critical points in the second half that helped like Rorys pass on Nicol, maybe Hume was a bit unlucky as I thought he rode well but Ben Cook was poor, we will need better from him at home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought the Basso/Brennan decision was correct but a howler from the ref in Heat 2. Excluding Marcin for a non-existent tape touch and screwing the gate 4 advantage for the Tigers. Could be very costly. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fingersfin said:

Thought the Basso/Brennan decision was correct but a howler from the ref in Heat 2. Excluding Marcin for a non-existent tape touch and screwing the gate 4 advantage for the Tigers. Could be very costly. 

I was on the far side and was convinced he never touched them, if he didn't then that is a horror decision, especially in such an important meeting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Last ever?! I better go then! Even though I'm gonna be a bit tight on time. 

Can’t see it being last ever when Danny Ford has said in the paper about plans for 2022 and riders already signed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Can’t see it being last ever when Danny Ford has said in the paper about plans for 2022 and riders already signed. 

Hardly conclusive evidence, Kent had already made announcements about 2022 and look where they are now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Hardly conclusive evidence, Kent had already made announcements about 2022 and look where they are now.

True but someone I don't know saying it on a forum isn't exactly conclusive either is it and he said could be last meeting so he's covered himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good team performance from Glasgow last night but will 10 points be enough......will need Cook, Wells and Brennan to score about 9/10 points apiece at least.

Poole are strong at home but if the Tigers get stuck in early on they can do it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back  now at Gatwick. Very easy and good way to go. Just a shame COP26 was on to mess up hotels. Happy with the ten point gap. Think we will do it. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fingersfin said:

Thought the Basso/Brennan decision was correct but a howler from the ref in Heat 2. Excluding Marcin for a non-existent tape touch and screwing the gate 4 advantage for the Tigers. Could be very costly. 

I sit directly under the referee and yes Marcin moved but he did not touch the tapes, never seen an exclusion light come on so quick in all my years of attending speedway. His decision to exclude Marcin was shocking, the exclusion of Tom was the right one as there was no contact and Tom was trying to go through a non existent space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

I sit directly under the referee and yes Marcin moved but he did not touch the tapes, never seen an exclusion light come on so quick in all my years of attending speedway. His decision to exclude Marcin was shocking, the exclusion of Tom was the right one as there was no contact and Tom was trying to go through a non existent space

Watched it back on stream 100% didn't touch tapes. Then thought maybe it's for delaying start, but Zach cook was last to tapes. An absolute howler of decision don't know why management didn't show ref the replays. That's a 2/4 point swing right there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Back  now at Gatwick. Very easy and good way to go. Just a shame COP26 was on to mess up hotels. Happy with the ten point gap. Think we will do it. 

Glad you enjoyed it Steve and that you are optimistic for Thursday.thought our heat leaders were disappointing. Glasgow fans were whingeing about the basso Brennan incident but clearly there was no contact basso was ahead and therefore it was for Brennan to ease off.

hope our track is similar to KO final-best it’s been for a while

Edited by Supersub
Doyle entry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Supersub said:

Glad you enjoyed it Steve and that you are optimistic for Thursday.thought our heat leaders were disappointing. Glasgow fans were whingeing about the basso Brennan incident but clearly there was no contact basso was ahead and therefore it was for Brennan to ease offGlasgow fans were whingeing about the basso Brennan incident but clearly there was no contact basso was ahead and therefore it was for Brennan to ease off

We weren't whingeing, just trying to influence the referee after his shocker in heat 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed about Heat 2, terrible decision. It isn’t over yet as this is speedway! If or heat leaders ride as they normally do, we should be ok + Cook rides h & c at Poole normally. It should be a good meeting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Come down and see if the rules and all is fair. You may need a trip to the Optician first to check that you are seeing things correctly. 

Don't think so!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

True but someone I don't know saying it on a forum isn't exactly conclusive either is it and he said could be last meeting so he's covered himself. 

I know who it is ;) But it could be track side rumours heard last night? Another one was we were going to a stream! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy