British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

10 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Woodoo? Wots a Woodoo? Sounds like some kind of bird call! Hope u didn't get pooped on by a resident pigeon! :lol:

A woodoo is an extra v added by mistake  

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

This makes no sense! If we have the pressure how is it Glasgow’s to lose??! 

Only bad luck will beat em, go glasgow

I wasn't far off prediction for 1st leg so have a go at second. Poole 12 up going into heat 15, after a titanic battle king and worrall take a 4-2 over cook and Brennan 52-38 to Poole

Too many Cook's spoil the brothel!

So Craig ur walking the plank! 

Ben & Zach #piratepride

Did I say brothel?  Whoops! :lol:

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I still don't know why Scottish & Southern Energy couldn't have been approached to sponsor the 2021Play-Off Final (and the KO Cup Final). Just to agree to put their name to it for just a token amount of cash (or even no money at all) would have raised the profile somewhat - and who knows may have even led to something else!

Had that very thought for a long time for many brands..

Especially supermarkets who may have branches in every Speedway town or city..

"Dont give us any money, just give us your name and access to your millions of customers"...

Maybe they have been approached and decided to not let their names be associated with something more than a little contrived and all in all, a bit Mickey Mouse..?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah at times trophies I've seen presented at speedway look like the ones you got in primary school that were also pencil sharpeners. Bit embarrassing at times

When i played in a schools cup final, i got a small plastic Subuteo football  trophy as my prize!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Only bad luck will beat em, go glasgow

So pressure on them not Poole, if it is so easy for them! 

56 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Only bad luck will beat em, 

3 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Probably nowt off the BSPA

No Members of bspa  turned up at Peterborough to present the trophy, so would not expect them to be at Poole never mind provide medals, in 2018 Workington management had to provide medals for both teams in the 3 finals. Also no members of the bspa were at the SON at belle Vue in an official capacity, seams like they don't care anymore, or have they ever cared !!!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Neila said:

No Members of bspa  turned up at Peterborough to present the trophy, so would not expect them to be at Poole never mind provide medals, in 2018 Workington management had to provide medals for both teams in the 3 finals. Also no members of the bspa were at the SON at belle Vue in an official capacity, seams like they don't care anymore, or have they ever cared !!!

Only about themselves.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Neila said:

I should really correct BSPA to.....no not to BSPL, but to BS and we all know wot that stands for! Yes BS, very apt for a woeful bunch of lookin after their own & guilty of not enforcing rules because their own club's wud be in trouble as well if they did. That is a matter of fact.

Edited by PirateShip

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

That's outrageous. Can you imagine a team winning the FA cup and buying their own medals.

2018 , workington had to get their own medals for the winners . think T J bought them .

utter disgrace from the powers that be . that was the craic i got !

OOPS , should have read Neila,s post before posting . sorry Neila.

Edited by jenga

Maybe the powers that be shud be sent a very fitting trophy in the post.........a nice fresh pile of BS! :rofl:

Mark the package perishable so the royal mail get it there asap! :lol:......they cud squash it thru the letter box! :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip

3 hours ago, PirateShip said:

The KO Cup Trophy was plastic and spinning round on it's base! 

It wud've been nicer to av commissioned Poole pottery (or other similar companies) to make a trophies, or something different from plastic. 

I'm sure previous trophies av been from metals but never mind hey, plastic is the way to go it seems.

Wonder if the Premier League in football have a plastic trophy? Ermmmm nope!........ plastic yuk yuk yuk!!!!

good job it was not made from cardboard other wise it would have been recycled  . where as plastic will end up in the sea on the south coast 

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

good job it was not made from cardboard other wise it would have been recycled  . where as plastic will end up in the sea on the south coast 

Nah, if it were cardboard the Aussie boyz would be fighting over it coz not all of em can sleep indoors at Middlo's! :rolleyes:

• Haha 1