British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Will he be aTiger next season.?

Sam,Tom and Connor should be signed but a tad undecided about Sam , he is still young and has huge potential.

After that who knows ?.

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Will he be aTiger next season.?

Hope so.  He would be first on my team sheet.  An out and out racer.

4 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Why would any TM win the toss holding a ten point advantage take gate choices in heat 15, incredible call. Had to be 1 n 3 all night long.  But then again when Cami has been in charge they have only won the pairs if my memory serves correctly. As the Big Man himself would say FTT!

But Poole took 2 & 4 so Glasgow did effectively get 1 & 3, and its the captains that do the toss not the team manager,  so not Calamities fault in this case.

• Like 2

Just now, Gazc said:

Sam,Tom and Connor should be signed but a tad undecided about Sam , he is still young and has huge potential.

After that who knows ?.

Ulle and heeps for wells and Marcin, with decision to be made on Sam depending on available replacement

1 minute ago, GS550 said:

You say that but its been shown to backfire as well when the better gate(s) early on hasn't produced the expected heat advantage or early edge, and then its backfired at Heat 15 squeaky bum time when the other team has had the gates advantage.  I lost count of the number of times that happened in the televised matches this season.

A case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't".  If you ask me it wouldn't have mattered tonight either way.

Can see your reasoning but at heat 1 the gate choice is relevant. If you opt for last heat you don’t know if it will be.

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Needs a season away to develop. Preferably at a technical track IMO

Hope not.  Why let another team cash in on the 2 point increase he's gonna make next season?

Just now, GS550 said:

Hope not.  Why let another team cash in on the 2 point increase he's gonna make next season?

As I don't think he would improve his average until he returned. All about opinions

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Ulle and heeps for wells and Marcin, with decision to be made on Sam depending on available replacement

Heeps on a slim fast diet possibly.

• Haha 1

Just now, Gazc said:

Heeps on a slim fast diet possibly.

Ideally mads Hansen but with polish rules not a chance that will happen. 

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

After that who knows ?.

Why let another team benefit from the 2 point increase Jensen is gonna make next season?

Should be first on the team sheet as far as I'm concerned.  And an out and out racer to boot.  In the mould of Bowes.

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

As I don't think he would improve his average until he returned. All about opinions

Having watched speedway for over 40 years this is the stage at which he will make the biggest improvement.  Time and time an time again I've spotted them....  Bowes (went from 6 to 8.5), Lyons (went from 5.80 to nearly 8), Mick Powell (went from 5.7 to 7.4).

Edited by GS550

I for one have been critical of Poole sometimes this season but I would just like to say well done you totally deserve your success good job.but like us with pedersen and yourselves with Rory selfishly you think why are you retiring your still so good but they are and I would like to say to Rory good luck with your racing retirement you have been a great asset to British speedway and I wish you all the luck for the future and I’m glad you went out on a high.right now let’s look forward to next year and who can knock those pirates of top spot lol .

Why let another team benefit from the 2 point increase Jensen is gonna make next season?

Should be first on the team sheet as far as I'm concerned.  And an out and out racer to boot.  In the mould of Bowes.

Agree with you I would have Sam in a heartbeat boy is box office when he is on it,  just a slight niggle about him upping it next season.

But if he returns I would be happy with that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GS550 said:

I admire your optimism but a guy whose scored 0 in his last 2 away meetings is not going to have a near 8 point average next season. 

Having watched speedway for over 40 years this is the stage at which he will make the biggest improvement.  Time and time an time again I've spotted them....  Bowes (went from 6 to 8.5), Lyons (went from 5.80 to nearly 8), Mick Powell (went from 5.7 to 7.4).

Robert kzeizak went from 5 to 5.2, Peter juul went from 4.5 to 4. It goes both ways unfortunately