Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

59 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I think its success envy mostly, if Poole stay in the championship again next year and do the double again that may well creep in again maybe? When my team Eastbourne we're in the Elite league with Poole, we never hated each other (well I didn't ) but it was so good to beat them at Arlington which we did more often than not even in your title winning seasons, different story at Poole obviously, but long for the day's of Nicki Pedersen winding up the crowd and being wound up by the Poole fans.Shame we didn't see what would have happened in meetings this season,  but the last heat decider early on was pretty good.

Yes, the meetings when you guys had Nicki were so good! We nearly signed him once too! ;)

the championship is a far , far better league than the premier . hope both teams stay put for 2022 . 

well done Poole and well done Glasgow for putting on a superb finale .

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole's local paper the Daily Echo have stated that 'they understand Poole will be in the Championship for 2022'!

With the success this season and I assume with the playoffs crowds added in, pretty good crowds, a no brainer really, only downer would be if they hammer the points limit again I suppose. 

• Like 1

How the time flies as you get older. When Rory first came to the UK, he was living in digs with my mate and we’d drive him everywhere until he got himself organised. He was a shy, quiet, homesick young kid with his wire rimmed specs, then he got on a bike and he turned into a gladiator. I too think he’s got more in the tank, but he knows best. It just seems like yesterday. There’s nothing but love for Rory at Armadale.

Well done Poole and commiserations to Glasgow. The two best teams all season.

1 hour ago, jenga said:

the championship is a far , far better league than the premier . hope both teams stay put for 2022 . 

well done Poole and well done Glasgow for putting on a superb finale .

It's really not though is it, better because more teams but the riders are virtually the same and I'd be surprised if the Champ final was as good as the Prem one which was superb. There are too many people like you unfortunately who like one league and slag off the others when we need them all to be strong for speedway speedway to thrive, and the top league really needs a couple more teams.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Let's see how gracious and nice the Poole fans are when they're losing.....

We are gracious and nice all the time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It's really not though is it, better because more teams but the riders are virtually the same and I'd be surprised if the Champ final was as good as the Prem one which was superb. There are too many people like you unfortunately who like one league and slag off the others when we need them all to be strong for speedway speedway to thrive, and the top league really needs a couple more teams.

The 2 leagues made up of the same riders is what is killing the sport in UK.IMO.o

31 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The 2 leagues made up of the same riders is what is killing the sport in UK.IMO.o

Although I actually agree with you the problem as I see it is how can a rider earn a decent living with so few meetings only riding for one team.

In the past it was great when a rider was only yours and they knew you and you knew them. Riders were part time and still had other jobs.

Sorry but I think those days are past, unfortunately.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sherborne Green said:

Although I actually agree with you the problem as I see it is how can a rider earn a decent living with so few meetings only riding for one team.

In the past it was great when a rider was only yours and they knew you and you knew them. Riders were part time and still had other jobs.

Sorry but I think those days are past, unfortunately.

I agree that riders can't survive racing for one team only , however Glasgow riders know their fans, especially the fans that travel

1 minute ago, Cookiefan said:

I agree that riders can't survive racing for one team only , however Glasgow riders know their fans, especially the fans that travel

What I was referring to was when we were on tour in the late 80s early 90s people like Boyce, Crumpie, and the rest stayed in the same hotels and we were one. Lingos and Ali Stevens knew y son by name. Different times but great to have had them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I really enjoyed the Champ final, obviously! More so then some of the Prem finals we were in like the Poole vs KL one. Only 2003 final beats it (and prob 2015 vs BV as that one was for Darcy) and not easy to win 3 in a row!!

Actually this season I actually managed 8 meetings, which is probably the most since 2010! When I've managed 3/4 each season because of responsibilities and not living in the area. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Let's see how gracious and nice the Poole fans are when they're losing.....

Well you've got at least 5 months to wait for that to happen :rofl::party:

Sorry guys once again, I just used the thread"s w.c and if I were you I'd avoid going in there for a few hours. :unsure:

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

can you name the top two heatleaders in every premier team please ?