British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

1 minute ago, 1 valve said:

Really? 
A couple of big hurdles to overcome
A move away from regular Saturday race nights & a change of ownership required (if Sheffield stay in top flight)
Frankly, why do the Lions need to move up anyway? 

They don't really, just need to do a slightly better job than this year in the most competitive league and keep Saturday night. Should keep the fans coming in if you can be nearer the top from go( although Eastbourne didn't help that cause this season) and keep costs to a viable amount I suppose. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Swindon have already announced and confirmed they will not be running in 2022.

Any decision from Poole will be a financial one having lost big money in 2019 due to poor attendances on 'off' race nights ie Thursdays (despite finishing top of the Premiership) and the loss and let-down of their main sponsor mid-season costing them in excess of £20k. I cannot see any 'carrot' big enough in the BSPL finances to attract them back after just one truncated Championship season - unless Eurosport have decided to increase their funding and are desperate to broadcast from somewhere other than NSS, Monmore or anywhere north of Watford!!!!!!???

Apologies they sure have I meant 2023 obviously just having a senior moment well ahead of my years

so a potential 9 team top league IF swindon return in 2023 :unsure:

As it stands at the minute Leicester are planning on running a NL team in 2022 and have already got two good  15 year olds lined up as their reserves.

With regards to the Lions team planning is very well advanced with some fans favourites returning to the club, along with an Australian moving from a Northern track 

Edited by flagrag

8 hours ago, flagrag said:

With regards to the Lions team planning is very well advanced with some fans favourites returning to the club, along with an Australian moving from a Northern track 

Would be good if it’s JP, full on entertainment.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elmo said:

Would be good if it’s JP, full on entertainment.

Without a doubt watching JP was one of the highlights of the season for me. Would be a welcome addition if the rumour is true.

2 hours ago, LionsFan said:

JP would be a great signing,  but could also be Jordan Stewart or Josh MacDonald?

More likely than Josh Pickering. IMO.Although Pickering rides for Bates at Sheffield might be a influence..

• Haha 1

Anybody know if Pickering is an asset of any UK team?

1 minute ago, 1 valve said:

Anybody know if Pickering is an asset of any UK team?

Edinburgh, who I highly doubt he'd be leaving anytime soon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flagrag didn't say it was a northern championship club, so it could be Troy Batchelor. Sheffield/Bates connection etc.

10 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Aaron Summers? Would be a good second string.

Aaron summers has retired....going back to Australia I think.

• Like 1