British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

14 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

Surprised Douglas isn't coming bet he's got a good offer somewhere. Think we need stronger reserves for next season. Would love mountain at the club and he's a title winner with us already.

When it came to the crunch in the semis against us Pirates it was the Lions lower end that just cudn't mix it. Mountain or Hume alongside one of the twins would've been the way to go. My mates are Lions fans and they were very surprised, and so was I, when Mountain was released and he performed very well despite the teams he rode for ending up at the bottom of their respective leagues.

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

I'm assuming this means the Thomson twins Morris and howarth are all staying?

Although the Twins are progressing well I'd only go with one of them because when it came to the end having both of them, for me,  proved just a step too far 

18 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Club have just announced on twitter that Andersen, Douglas & Kennedy are not returning for 2022.

Wow, big changes then. Hans has said he has almost sorted everything out for 2022, so thinking he probably not doing the Championship next year. 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Wow, big changes then. Hans has said he has almost sorted everything out for 2022, so thinking he probably not doing the Championship next year. 

Hands off Humey @ Lions! :D

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

Surprised Douglas isn't coming bet he's got a good offer somewhere. Think we need stronger reserves for next season. Would love mountain at the club and he's a title winner with us already.

Ryan Douglas has not fallen out with the Leicester promotion in any way he has signed for Rawicz in Poland and the majority of their meetings are going to be on Saturday nights . Ryan has been considering his options whether to do UK Premiership,Sweden and Poland or UK both leagues and Poland.

New signings will be announced this week along with the return of some former Lions from previous seasons

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Ryan Douglas has not fallen out with the Leicester promotion in any way he has signed for Rawicz in Poland and the majority of their meetings are going to be on Saturday nights . Ryan has been considering his options whether to do UK Premiership,Sweden and Poland or UK both leagues and Poland.

New signings will be announced this week along with the return of some former Lions from previous seasons

Certainly not Danny King, he's converted to Piratehism! :D

• Like 1

Leicester  
Steve Worrall 9.05
Nick Morris 8.61
Kyle Howarth 7.52
Connor Mountain 5.06
Dan Thompson 5.03
Joe Thompson 3.65
Tom Spencer 2*
Total 38.92

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

When it came to the crunch in the semis against us Pirates it was the Lions lower end that just cudn't mix it. Mountain or Hume alongside one of the twins would've been the way to go. My mates are Lions fans and they were very surprised, and so was I, when Mountain was released and he performed very well despite the teams he rode for ending up at the bottom of their respective leagues.

I agree mate. We were quite top heavy and moving Dan to no 2 was tough on the kid. Would think mountain would come back in a heartbeat as he knows the track well..congrats on your season by the way.  

22 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:
Leicester  
Steve Worrall 9.05
Nick Morris 8.61
Kyle Howarth 7.52
Connor Mountain 5.06
Dan Thompson 5.03
Joe Thompson 3.65
Tom Spencer 2*
Total 38.92

Think stewart will pull a few surprises. That team is decent but not strong enough for a title challenge but that's just my opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W9 Lion said:

Club have just announced on twitter that Andersen, Douglas & Kennedy are not returning for 2022.

Could Douglas be Poole bound, with Rory retiring, and Douglas big buddy's with Darcy 

1 hour ago, ScottyJ said:

Would love mountain at the club and he's a title winner with us already.

My mates are Lions fans and they were very surprised, and so was I, when Mountain was released and he performed very well despite the teams he rode for ending up at the bottom of their respective leagues.

Mountain would have been the my first rider to keep at Newcastle. :t:

• Haha 1

Certainly not Danny King, he's converted to Piratehism! :D

Let's hope so, my daughter's favourite Poole rider, so she will not be happy if he's not back.

6 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Could Douglas be Poole bound, with Rory retiring, and Douglas big buddy's with Darcy 

No. ;) 

24 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

I agree mate. We were quite top heavy and moving Dan to no 2 was tough on the kid. Would think mountain would come back in a heartbeat as he knows the track well..congrats on your season by the way.  

Cheers matey :cheers: 

Being at Poole & experiencing the fantastic atmosphere & celebrations was absolutely off the charts. Nothing beats avin the 2nd leg at home when u win.

I feel for the Lions fans when you were robbed of this opportunity in 2019 when you shud've had the 2nd legs when you did the double. I attend most of the meetings at Leicester and that was a choker.