British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

6 minutes ago, False dawn said:

"The club have informed Hans Andersen, Zaine Kennedy and Ryan Douglas that they are not part of next year’s plans."

I guess Dougie is moving onwards and upwards. Hans may have been too expensive and Zaine may just not fit with Connor Mountain already having been signed and the twins almost certainly remaining.

I thought Zaine did a good job especially joining mid season when expectations were high. Hans was solid. The biggest disappointment is Dougie. He could be a bit and down, but was exciting to watch. I, for one, will miss him.

Note that the Lions Press Release states that they are working to a 42 point limit! :t: So no reduction in team strengths!:)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Note that the Lions Press Release states that they are working to a 42 point limit! :t: So no reduction in team strengths!:)

Yep - I've heard elsewhere it's 42 and no Shooting Stars.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Where exactly has this been stated/confirmed?

17 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

it doesn't state it 

54 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Also heard the same - straight from 'a horse's mouth'!!!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

It's not published anywhere but some people are in the know.

59 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

See the Leicester Press Release. Why would they be working to a 42 point limit if it has not been 'agreed'?

33 minutes ago, Gambo said:

See the Leicester Press Release. Why would they be working to a 42 point limit if it has not been 'agreed'?

Does it? where?

7 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Does it? where?

On the e-mailed Press Release it says it, but admittedly not on the website.

5 hours ago, Gambo said:

On the e-mailed Press Release it says it, but admittedly not on the website.

Probably because it was all agreed at the pre-AGM 'Zoom' meeting to allow clubs to begin to formulate their teams (without Rising Stars?!) but will not be confirmed or 'rubber-stamped' and announced until the one-day AGM later.

• Like 1

If it’s no rising stars next season then it looks like it’s been shunted into the long grass to accommodate the riders who will lose team places where clubs have folded.

26 minutes ago, GWC said:

If it’s no rising stars next season then it looks like it’s been shunted into the long grass to accommodate the riders who will lose team places where clubs have folded.

and the ever decreasing circle continues......if thats the reason then its crazy. How about, crazy concept i know, having competition for team places. The best / best value riders get team places and the others don't. During the season there will be changes and opportunities for those who are still interested and the sport gets to use the best possible riders available rather than the all inclusive that does nothing but lower the standards

5 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

and the ever decreasing circle continues......if thats the reason then its crazy. How about, crazy concept i know, having competition for team places. The best / best value riders get team places and the others don't. During the season there will be changes and opportunities for those who are still interested and the sport gets to use the best possible riders available rather than the all inclusive that does nothing but lower the standards

Combined with a definite 42 point limit held for at least 3 years, as you say crazy concept and probably too radical for the powers that be to implement.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

good  /  BAD  /UGLY

I sent an email to the BSPL yesterday asking why a Premier club have reported to have signed 3 riders but are waiting for the AGM to see what actually are the league / points limit situation is ? so as to be able to sign the remaining riders then.

But a Championship club reported yesterday they have signed 5 riders straight off, no waiting for AGM?.

I asked  "was it fair ?" that certain teams could sign who they liked and when they liked and other teams

are actually waiting for official information from the League Meeting.

I Got an email back same day ,

because i said i was a Brum fan and worried he said he hoped Brum will carry on..

but no answer from Mr Vatcher about my original question!.

I thought it a fair question to ask.

Edited by Bluenose

10 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

good  /  BAD  /UGLY

I sent an email to the BSPL yesterday asking why a Premier club have reported to have signed 3 riders but are waiting for the AGM to see what actually are the league / points limit situation is ? so as to be able to sign the remaining riders then.

But a Championship club reported yesterday they have signed 5 riders straight off, no waiting for AGM?.

I asked  "was it fair ?" that certain teams could sign who they liked and when they liked and other teams

are actually waiting for official information from the League Meeting.

I Got an email back same day ,

because i said i was a Brum fan and worried he said he hoped Brum will carry on..

but no answer from Mr Vatcher about my original question!.

I thought it a fair question to ask.

Bit of a silly question really. Some clubs are happy to go on what has been previously discussed and will have to make changes to those last 2 riders if the points limit changes at the AGM.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the BSPL.

On another note, neither does Vatcher, it seems you've emailed the SCB not BSPL