British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

Just now, ScottyJ said:

Anders Rowe just doesn't make sense to me. Why would we sign him ? We already have two 17 years old and young Connor mountain. Rowe rode poor at leicester last time out and Dickson has always said he wants riders that perform well at Leicester. Seems odd to me

Don't have much points left to play with and Rowe is a much better bet than a rider like Sarjeant for example.

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

Leicester are the best looking team so far especially if Rowe comes in at 7. The management have done a good job on the recruitment front.

Yeah I made a hasty comment about Dan riding in the 1-5 earlier in the thread but I'll hold my hands up when I'm wrong.

I think the 1-7 is very impressive.

Solid HL trio and youngsters with lots of improvement left in them. 

I'd probably put Leicester in same bracket as Plymouth. win plenty at home but be inconsistent on their travels, should be in and around the play offs but if one of the bottom 3 really kick on could be title challengers.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'd probably put Leicester in same bracket as Plymouth. win plenty at home but be inconsistent on their travels, should be in and around the play offs but if one of the bottom 3 really kick on could be title challengers.

Think your right there. Can't see us losing many at home . Dan broke the national League track record at leciester not long back at 61 seconds. Quicker than most heats. Joe rides the track well along with mountain. All heat leaders are seriously strong at leciester but away from home the kids struggled. Let's hope they've learned some lessons from riding away and will kick on again 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

Think your right there. Can't see us losing many at home . Dan broke the national League track record at leciester not long back at 61 seconds. Quicker than most heats. Joe rides the track well along with mountain. All heat leaders are seriously strong at leciester but away from home the kids struggled. Let's hope they've learned some lessons from riding away and will kick on again 

Oddly enough where I was most impressed with Dan was the infamous one heat meeting at Glasgow. He won that heat attacked the track and won in 61 seconds despite shutting off on last lap to avoid lapping the heat leaders!!! If everyone else had approached it same way would've had a full meeting

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Oddly enough where I was most impressed with Dan was the infamous one heat meeting at Glasgow. He won that heat attacked the track and won in 61 seconds despite shutting off on last lap to avoid lapping the heat leaders!!! If everyone else had approached it same way would've had a full meeting

Sounds incredible and shame that meeting didn't go ahead at the time. There's a seriously top rider in Dan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottyJ said:

Anders Rowe just doesn't make sense to me. Why would we sign him ? We already have two 17 years old and young Connor mountain. Rowe rode poor at leicester last time out and Dickson has always said he wants riders that perform well at Leicester. Seems odd to me

Based on working at a couple of Team GB // British Youth training days at Leicester earlier in the season only Brennan & Flint were quicker than Rowe around Beaument Park. Also isnt his Champ avg actually lower than his Prem avg? If you ask me, if it is Rowe as the final rider, it could be a masterstroke.

• Like 2

With Oxford and Brum, and others possibly still needing to complete their teams, Rowe may not be short of offers and playing hard to get? And if he's looking for chances in Poland might be tempted take a slightly lower offer from a midweek track.

Alternative could be a 4-point newcomer

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

Who would you pick instead of Rowe? It's easy to say don't sign someone, but harder to offer a sensible alternative!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Why would he not?

Poland?

what day are they using in Poland for the U24 league?

16 hours ago, stevehone said:

what day are they using in Poland for the U24 league?

Any day that they choose, as well as mandatory 'training days' usually around the extended weekends!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

It is in the SS that it will be Tuesdays & some weekends although I also read a while ago that an U24 rider in an Ekstraliga team can not ride the same day for an U24 team.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 1:31 PM, ScottyJ said:

I don't remember Cradley complaining about having too many young riders in the early 80s... :drink: