British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

23 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I don't remember Cradley complaining about having too many young riders in the early 80s... :drink:

I like young riders at Leicester. Ain't complaining about rowe if he signs..just from my point of view the boss has always stated having riders that perform well at Leicester is a must. And rowe didn't . That's all. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

I like young riders at Leicester. Ain't complaining about rowe if he signs..just from my point of view the boss has always stated having riders that perform well at Leicester is a must. And rowe didn't . That's all. 

Both Rowe & Sarjeant scored poorly at Leicester this year, kinda to be expected as second strings / reserves against a strong Leicester team. But what if there are no 4.00 riders who rode well at Beaumont Park? Still gotta choose someone!

Edited by szkocjasid

If Anders Rowe was to be the final rider for the Lions I would consider this to be a good signing for the available average.

Not many would know this  but both in 2020 and 2021 Anders was a regular at Leicester winter training sessions sometimes riding in awful wet conditions all to improve his skills and I am sure Anders will be will back practicing at Leicester this winter no matter where he rides in 2022. He always has immaculate equipment and takes his racing very seriously with long term injuries hampering his progress in 2021 along with long drives up to Redcar & Edinburgh for home meetings probably not helping as well when not 100% fit.

Another thing to take into consideration is Anders relationship with Nick Morris only a few seasons ago Ander’s and his dad Del were full time mechanics for Nick and Mozza gave Anders a lot of advice when he was starting out riding Speedway so if Anders was to come to Leicester I am confident that Nick would be able to get the best out of him.

• Like 6

Signing or not signing a rider based mainly on his past performances at a track strikes me as being rather a poor basis, sure it is something to take into account, but especially in the case of younger riders they are learning anyway and are bound to have inconsistent records. It perhaps applies more in the case of older riders but judgement has to be more about a wider range of factors - and one of them is the maths!

Dillon ruml seemed pretty fearless around Leicester once dialled in and learnt the right lines he could be worth a punt on a 4pt average. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lewy said:

Dillon ruml seemed pretty fearless around Leicester once dialled in and learnt the right lines he could be worth a punt on a 4pt average. 

When he rode at Leicester for Poole I thought he was poor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

I thought you said he was going to Oxford, to be announced tomorrow?!

Well done i did put his name up as a guess,but as someone else has very astutely said it's Kyle Newman and I think he's correct. 

• Haha 1

On 12/14/2021 at 1:14 PM, ScottyJ said:

Whoever we sign I trust Stewart . Done the double and got to two semi finals. He builds good teams

#inthegafferwetrust

• Haha 1

Anders Rowe is the final signing for the lions. It's a good team let's hope it's good enough to win something !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had no idea Rowe was suffering from a knee injury last season which he explains why he struggled at leciester last season. Dickson reckons he should be pushing for a heat leader spot. If he does kick on and Dan struggles in the main body you could see them swapping positions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

I had no idea Rowe was suffering from a knee injury last season which he explains why he struggled at leciester last season. Dickson reckons he should be pushing for a heat leader spot. If he does kick on and Dan struggles in the main body you could see them swapping positions.

With Leicester having a powerful heat leader trio, Rowe will get nowhere near a heat leader spot! He may still have a great season & up his average, but not be a heat leader.

i think your one rider short at 2 or 4 .but if anders or connor kick on who knows jmo

At Somerset he was soon up at no 2 (circumstances) but from what I can remember he didn't struggle and won quite a few races. 

I'm sure he was featured in one of those rider profiles in SS last winter or sometime, when he said that Leicester was his favourite track.

The knee injury in 2021 season had a big effect on his scores after. He probably  came back too soon and that always comes with a price.

From what I've heard, he can be a bit of a fiesty rider not averse to "mixing it" - must be the red hair!!