British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

33 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Doesn’t look as good as last seasons .IMO

It's a good team , what I will say is compared to last year's towards then end as much as we looked good on paper the balance seemed all over the place. Hans Anderson never really got going and Douglas got a little inconsistent. Couldn't fault kennedy but Dan struggled riding at 2. This year's team isn't as strong but the balance is spot on .play offs but not winning the league for me

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Last season's included Ty Proctor and Josh Bates. Many were talking up that team as if it had already won the league, with supposedly five heat leader calibre riders.

Well, we all know what happened to that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Leicester finished 2021 on 42.35 for 6 riders, so were always going to look weaker, having to pick a 7 man team under 42.00!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

Last season's included Ty Proctor and Josh Bates. Many were talking up that team as if it had already won the league, with supposedly five heat leader calibre riders.

Well, we all know what happened to that

Agree,things are not won by Teams on Paper.

52 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Rowe from official figures on BSPA minus British reduction should be 3.99 but is listed on a 3.69?

You are right but the ‘official’ figures probably don’t include Eastbourne expunged scores which the averages on the Lions website appear to allow for. If that’s the case it says a lot about the sports governing body.

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Rowe from official figures on BSPA minus British reduction should be 3.99 but is listed on a 3.69?

3.69 looks correct. Remove his 9 from 6 against Eastbourne and replace it with 0 from 4 against Newcastle (4.8.19) and you get 3.78. Then deduct 2.5% and you have 3.69.

38 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Was there a practice at Leicester today? Is that usual for this time of year? Seems odd. 

I wasn’t there but I understand it was just the twins and Rowe practising. Josh Bates was apparently due to join them (in an attempt to impress team managers yet to complete there 1 to 7) but apparently fell off his bike in the pits and on the advice of medics decided to call it a day despite luckily landing on his head.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Teromaafan said:

I wasn’t there but I understand it was just the twins and Rowe practising. Josh Bates was apparently due to join them (in an attempt to impress team managers yet to complete there 1 to 7) but apparently fell off his bike in the pits and on the advice of medics decided to call it a day despite luckily landing on his head.

What a bizarre incident!

10 minutes ago, arnieg said:

3.69 looks correct. Remove his 9 from 6 against Eastbourne and replace it with 0 from 4 against Newcastle (4.8.19) and you get 3.78. Then deduct 2.5% and you have 3.69.

Spot on (but I do think you need to get out more).

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Thats a good idea really, should be a pooling together of riders looking for a team spot doing an open training session with a couple of heats maybe to get in the shop window, though i giess the pickings are slim given the pool of british based riders without a club this time kf year will be small

Could work for NL though where some promoters might not necessarily know about new riders 

Thompson twins looked well at home and I must add that Anders Rowe really attacked the track, despite his lesser experience at Leicester and the damp conditions. :)

Track held up well and there were around 20 or so, with ages ranging from 4 - 50+ there for a skid.

On 12/19/2021 at 12:14 AM, Gambo said:

Thompson twins looked well at home and I must add that Anders Rowe really attacked the track, despite his lesser experience at Leicester and the damp conditions. :)

Track held up well and there were around 20 or so, with ages ranging from 4 - 50+ there for a skid.

Thought the most impressive rider of the day was Max Perry. He looks like he is going to the top. I think he can do the NDL in 2022 and would be a great signing for any club.