British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

On 12/26/2021 at 10:04 AM, tyretrax said:

There is an electronic gating device, it may have been made by the guy who made magic boxes.

I have a one on my showbike and I used to have it at Brough for fans to try and beat the riders. From memory I think Carl Wilkinson was a dab hand at it.

• Like 1

That septet looks head & shoulders above any other announced team

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 11:37 PM, Col said:

That septet looks head & shoulders above any other announced team

Looks like the majority of teams have been built to be strong at home as a priority, so taking and preventing bonus points could be crucial. Contributions in all teams by riders at 6 and 7 will be important but fully expect Poole to be the powerhouse. 

7 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Looks like the majority of teams have been built to be strong at home as a priority, so taking and preventing bonus points could be crucial. Contributions in all teams by riders at 6 and 7 will be important but fully expect Poole to be the powerhouse. 

I think that Glasgow will be favourites!

Difficult for me to call a favourite until I see all line-ups completed?

Redcar look equally as strong as Glasgow IMO....3 decent hitters in Wright/Kerr/Riss....

13 hours ago, Big Al said:

Leicester have 3 solid heat leaders who are not quite yet on a downward spiral & 4 riders with bags of potential who have some experience at least.  Could be break through year for any of those 4. 

• Like 1

I think Connor Mountain will up his average a fair bit  , he was quality guesting for Scunthorpe at the end of last season 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Col said:

Leicester have 3 solid heat leaders who are not quite yet on a downward spiral & 4 riders with bags of potential who have some experience at least.  Could be break through year for any of those 4. 

Yep, hope that proves to be right. Last year Bates was a liability from the beginning and Proctor was vulnerable, so if this 7 can gel and still be a team come end of June with no debates about changes going on, happy days!

• Like 2

Genuine question that somebody can hopefully answer for me.

Why are Dan & Joe Thompson never involved in team GB training camps for under 23 riders ? Riders that finished well below them in the averages like Jason Edwards , Dan Gilkes , Jordan Palin & even Ben Trigger was invited to the latest one but no sign of Dan & Joe?

Edited by Lenny Lion

On 1/22/2022 at 11:55 PM, Lenny Lion said:

Why are Dan & Joe Thompson never involved in team GB training camps for under 23 riders ? Riders that finished well below them in the averages like Jason Edwards , Dan Gilkes , Jordan Palin & even Ben Trigger was invited to the latest one but no sign of Dan & Joe?

Trigger seems to get everywhere. Palin is a better rider than both twins.

• Like 1

It’s a voluntary scheme so perhaps they declined the invite? , some ‘ kids ‘ have full time jobs and simply don’t have the time to attend. There’s been some lads who have attended once and never returned , it’s personal choice, don’t read too much into it.

• Like 2

might be as simple as the reason up to now has been time off work parent(s) would hve to take to get them to the Training and Courses a lot of which are midweek and in summer holidays.

I also heard they have to stick to pretty rigid training and dietry plans and it may be that they prefer to go their own way in those off bike things.

They've ridden in competitive Young Lions Select type matches so definitely seem to be on the radar.

I agree Trigger does seem to be the odd one out in terms of ability and experience so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Trigger seems to get everywhere. Palin is a better rider than both twins.

That's because he's the British youth champion,surely that would more than meet any criteria required to be part of these things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lewy said:

That's because he's the British youth champion,surely that would more than meet any criteria required to be part of these things.

Spot on assessment mate and a rider and family who are 100% committed. Well deserved in my opinion 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, HGould said:

I also heard they have to stick to pretty rigid training and dietry plans and it may be that they prefer to go their own way in those off bike things.

they did like a greasy burger and chips from the burger van back in the day :rofl: