British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

Concerns about large numbers of young adults attending in gangs. You should be so lucky. Small groups young adults will attend at best. The sport needs as many as possible to attend so stop trying to put them off.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Concerns about large numbers of young adults attending in gangs. You should be so lucky. Small groups young adults will attend at best. The sport needs as many as possible to attend so stop trying to put them off.

As long as they behave themselves!!! :t:

Edited by ruffdiamond

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2022 at 8:02 AM, FromBendThree said:

There could well be concerns about having large numbers of children of that age in the stadium if they run amok without parental supervision.

It seems strange that there is more hooliganism/fires when there are bank holidays/half terms. Just go back a few weeks to remind yourselves to what happened at a nearby stadium!

On 3/8/2022 at 1:02 PM, FromBendThree said:

Exactly. Hooligans when they get together in a gang.

I'd bring back the birch...

And National Service too...

Standing around on street corners. (Or at the Speedway). Smokin', Drinkin' an' Cussin'....

Hanging's too good for 'em I say...

Too good for 'em I tell thee.....

Etc Etc Etc...

• Haha 3

And people wonder why Speedway is dying!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

And people wonder why Speedway is dying!!! 

It’s dying because a very high percentage of the fan base are covered in cobwebs and have two digit National Insurance numbers. Before you can attract younger people through the gate, you have to make them aware that the sport actually exists. Go and check the BBC sport website. It’s not that speedway isn’t mentioned, it’s the minority sports that are covered that reflects the embarrassing status of speedway. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

It’s dying because a very high percentage of the fan base are covered in cobwebs and have two digit National Insurance numbers. Before you can attract younger people through the gate, you have to make them aware that the sport actually exists. Go and check the BBC sport website. It’s not that speedway isn’t mentioned, it’s the minority sports that are covered that reflects the embarrassing status of speedway. 

Are you suggesting that Leicester don't do enough to promote the sport in the city? B)

14 hours ago, mikebv said:

I'd bring back the birch...

And National Service too...

Standing around on street corners. (Or at the Speedway). Smokin', Drinkin' an' Cussin'....

Hanging's too good for 'em I say...

Too good for 'em I tell thee.....

Etc Etc Etc...

It didn't do them any harm

8 hours ago, iainb said:

Are you suggesting that Leicester don't do enough to promote the sport in the city? B)

To be fair, if it is that they don't promote themselves aggressively in the local area, it wouldn't be any different from the vast majority of clubs...

Amazing, as a random example, that when a Circus visits your town, you know who they are, what they do, where it is, what the prices are and what time it starts...

I presume they do this due to the fact that they need to get people to come, and to pay to watch them so they earn money and keep going...

An amazing concept, granted.... :rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

It's just behind cross country hoovering & Pro celebrity tea picking. That is also a lot to do with the shameful BBC.

That is the complete opposite of what I'm trying to say... 14/15, they're nearly adults... 8/9 is when all they want to do is run around and play... If your kid does that at the speedway, take them to the park, they clearly don't want to watch the racing!!

Just seen a pic of Worrall wearing the new club race suit. Plenty of traditional red & yellow (less black) which is fine by me. Ah, nostalgia……although it’s not what it used to be!

• Like 2

confirmed. Richie Worrall has withdrawn due to injury and is replaced by Jack Thomas. Reserve now is Jake Mulford. James Sarjeant is replaced by Ryan Kinsley

From today's updates on Lewis Kerr testimonial meeting at Kings Lynn this afternoon.

I'm in the West Midlands on Saturday and might try and get to the meeting (assuming Birmingham have a team?) Can I turn up and pay on the gate?