British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Why? I'd wait til after you have been to Poole then, as he isn't any good there! Better to get Edwards as a guest imo. I'm hoping Edinburgh have already booked him as they are riding on Weds as well.

Can't make the change until Rowe's average goes above Keleher's which will be 1 July (on next green sheets published circa 23 June)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stevethelion said:

Can't do that at the moment, because his average is, I think 4.06, Rowe's is only 3.95, which is why as i mentioned earlier i'll think they'll use guests until July's averages come into effect , when Rowe's rolling average jumps to 4.16, thus allowing Keleher to fit.

Fair enough must have missed that post. I'm not sure there's much choice out there maybe Connor Coles could make a step up?

• Haha 1

Do Leicester have to wait 28 days before signing a replacement or is it just the rider who has the ban? 

It is just the rider that has the ban(in all British Leagues) & Leicester have a facility or can sign a rider but as someone has posted , it maybe best to wait until new July averages to get up to 4.16 as what he said. That might change though due to dropping 2 more meetings per month.

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2022/riderperf.php?mc1=x&mc2=r&mc3=av&mc4=x&rider=Anders

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 7:12 PM, stevethelion said:

This is how I see this panning out. Lions & Rowe part company on the 2nd of June, after a few weeks of rumours. Lions apply for 28 day facility which conviently takes us to 30th June, in the mean time use the facility to pick suitable guests. On the 1st of July the new averages come into effect, now it just so happens that Rowe now as a rolling average of 4.16 ( see lions statistics page on their website). Because the rolling average is losing 2 matches a month, so started at 20, then 18 for May, 16 for June, so when the June averages are annouced on the 23rd of June it seems Rowe must have lost 3 lowish scores & will be replaced with the 9 he scored at Birmingham, hence the jump from 3.95 to 4.16.

This will give them more scope to find a replacement, possibly Zane Keleher, who looks like he finished last season on 4.06 or maybe an untried Aussie on a 4.00.

Very astute - although what would be the basis for the 28 day guest facility? Rowe doesn't seem to be witholding his services, but if he is, then he's going to be unable to ride for a few weeks and he'll be wanting to start with s new club asap. There must be some other facility Leicester will be making use of.

16 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

It is just the rider that has the ban(in all British Leagues) & Leicester have a facility or can sign a rider but as someone has posted , it maybe best to wait until new July averages to get up to 4.16 as what he said. That might change though due to dropping 2 more meetings per month.

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2022/riderperf.php?mc1=x&mc2=r&mc3=av&mc4=x&rider=Anders

That 4.16 does include the dropping of 2 more meetings , Leicester always update the rolling averages after each meeting on their website . The rolling averages on there now show 16 meetings , which is the figure that will be used for the July averages, obviously Rowe won't ride for them again so his average will remain unchanged.

Do Lions fans really think they'll pay for Keleher to fly over from Oz, plus all his other costs, to fill a reserve place??????  He's not exactly proved himself so far has he?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Do Lions fans really think they'll pay for Keleher to fly over from Oz, plus all his other costs, to fill a reserve place??????  He's not exactly proved himself so far has he?

To be honest I don't know much about him to be honest! I'm just guessing . I'd probably just go with Connor Coles . Think we will be fine for the playoffs with him. He won't score many away from home but experience is key. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

To be honest I don't know much about him to be honest! I'm just guessing . I'd probably just go with Connor Coles . Think we will be fine for the playoffs with him. He won't score many away from home but experience is key. 

Was watching the Scunthorpe Redcar stream and they said after the meeting finished that coles has signed in place of kinsley 

17 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Very astute - although what would be the basis for the 28 day guest facility? Rowe doesn't seem to be witholding his services, but if he is, then he's going to be unable to ride for a few weeks and he'll be wanting to start with s new club asap. There must be some other facility Leicester will be making use of.

Good job Poole haven't pulled this stunt 

17 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Isn’t quitting essentially withholding your services? Genuine question because I’m not sure what else you could call it!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Redtruck said:

Was watching the Scunthorpe Redcar stream and they said after the meeting finished that coles has signed in place of kinsley 

you could still use every week as a quest

I was thinking something similar myself regarding the Rowe situation. Is Anders definitely serving a 28 day ban now though or are we just assuming that’s the case because Leicester have been granted a facility? 

Must admit I didn’t think/realise the whole “withholding services” rule was intended for circumstances like this where the rider has left the club permanently and seemingly by mutual agreement. I thought it was to prevent riders picking and choosing which meetings to attend or effectively going on strike to get their own way about something. Even then clubs occasionally do allow riders to be absent riding in un-sanctioned meetings where a facility isn’t granted and they have to use NL guests with no bans handed out. Plus we have riders not returning from meetings abroad when they’re meant to and only getting 14 day bans. 

I’m not against a temporary facility being granted for Leicester, not their fault after all and they need time to find a solution. I’m just questioning whether a rider ban has to follow and whether it has to be for 28 days? 

It does seem a very one sided rule if that is the case. I.e, if a club can replace a rider without notice and without consequence why can’t the rider leave the club on exactly the same terms? 

Assuming Anders is banned and wants to continue riding elsewhere in the UK does anyone know if he can he sign (but not ride) for another club before the ban is up and before his average increases or does the ban include all forms of activity?

1 hour ago, ScottyJ said:

Surely you have to promote from the Cubs team, or what's the point in having a Cubs team? How else is Connor Coles going to progress? He'll be due a testimonial soon!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

you could still use every week as a quest

I like your updated profile pic... you do have a sense of humour after all :t:

:rofl: