British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Do Lions fans really think they'll pay for Keleher to fly over from Oz, plus all his other costs, to fill a reserve place??????  He's not exactly proved himself so far has he?

No we don’t 

16 hours ago, iainb said:

Surely you have to promote from the Cubs team, or what's the point in having a Cubs team? How else is Connor Coles going to progress? He'll be due a testimonial soon!

It's the "best of both worlds" Championship..

Using Div 1 HL's and no need to have any Rising Stars...

The middle tier should have to have two RS's, with the top tier having one..

That would have made a fair few current 4/5 point riders available to ride for struggling teams as replacements, or get used as unattached guests for injured or missing riders..

As well as obviously developing young British riders from NDL to Div 2 SS and HL standard, with maybe a few going onto Div 1 HL level..

Seems barmy to keep paying out to bring over foreign reserve/lower SS standard riders when so many young British riders are available if the team building structure was designed to accommodate them..

Bottom line is. 

No one outside the few within the  "Speedway Bubble"  will care who wins any UK Speedway title, thus having very minimal impact (most likely none at all), to the sports growth...

But. Getting GB winning globally, regularly, will get interest from the wider sports watching community.. 

Which definitely will help the sport grow...

• Like 3

On 6/5/2022 at 1:19 PM, Boro Bare said:

I was thinking something similar myself regarding the Rowe situation. Is Anders definitely serving a 28 day ban now though or are we just assuming that’s the case because Leicester have been granted a facility? 

Must admit I didn’t think/realise the whole “withholding services” rule was intended for circumstances like this where the rider has left the club permanently and seemingly by mutual agreement. I thought it was to prevent riders picking and choosing which meetings to attend or effectively going on strike to get their own way about something. Even then clubs occasionally do allow riders to be absent riding in un-sanctioned meetings where a facility isn’t granted and they have to use NL guests with no bans handed out. Plus we have riders not returning from meetings abroad when they’re meant to and only getting 14 day bans. 

I’m not against a temporary facility being granted for Leicester, not their fault after all and they need time to find a solution. I’m just questioning whether a rider ban has to follow and whether it has to be for 28 days? 

It does seem a very one sided rule if that is the case. I.e, if a club can replace a rider without notice and without consequence why can’t the rider leave the club on exactly the same terms? 

Assuming Anders is banned and wants to continue riding elsewhere in the UK does anyone know if he can he sign (but not ride) for another club before the ban is up and before his average increases or does the ban include all forms of activity?

That's my biggest issue with the rule, Sedgmen dropped on transfer deadline day & has no chance of finding a new team. But a rider wants to leave & he gets a 28 day ban!

Also, if a rider does not get paid by a club, he has to continue to ride for that club unless he says no then gets a 28 day ban stopping him from earning any money in the UK.

Best way would be to ride but not give 100% meaning you suffer but the club suffers forcing them to react to the situation. 

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Also, if a rider does not get paid by a club, he has to continue to ride for that club unless he says no then gets a 28 day ban stopping him from earning any money in the UK.

Best way would be to ride but not give 100% meaning you suffer but the club suffers forcing them to react to the situation. 

Employment terms and conditions such as these couldn't even be made up by Jacob Rees -Mogg.

I suspect the last paragraph applies to the performances of Bjarne Petersen during his brief time with the Lions. 

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2022 at 12:41 PM, Redtruck said:

Was watching the Scunthorpe Redcar stream and they said after the meeting finished that coles has signed in place of kinsley 

I was going to reply to this news but waited for confirmation which is now out on the Scorpion website.

Alcock had been mentioned earlier before the KO meeting but it was a mis-communication error & was a guest only.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 4:37 PM, Mr Bump said:

No we don’t 

If he pays for his own travel costs, that could be different? 

It's sounding like Anders Rowe's departure is down to him making the decision rather than Leicester. So the tactic of waiting until his average goes above 4 before replacing looks like a genius move.

• Like 1

With Leicester likely to get a mammoth win at Newcastle, could they not have given one of their NL riders the guest booking? Tom Spencer perhaps?

Not sure they can suggest these are the Lions of the future, but not have the faith to give them Championship outings?

Edited by szkocjasid

28 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

With Leicester likely to get a mammoth win at Newcastle, could they not have given one to f their NL riders the guest booking? Tom Spencer perhaps?

Not sure they can suggest these are the Lions of the future, but not have the faith to give them Championship outings?

I think so yes. Tom Spencer is ok and needs experience and I suppose if he was riding today against Newcastle it wouldn't make that much difference to the score line. He would learn alot from the experience 

3 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

I think so yes. Tom Spencer is ok and needs experience and I suppose if he was riding today against Newcastle it wouldn't make that much difference to the score line. He would learn alot from the experience 

If Leicester were afraid of getting beaten, could have taken Spencer as a number 8 & given him a few rides once they knew they had won!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

It looks like nobody is going to be promoted from the Cubs to the Lions... I'm not even sure anymore what the point of the Cubs is other than a testing ground for the twins

So can Leicester fit in either of Bickley or Proctor in place of Rowe? Seeing as your TM said he was almost waiting for other teams to make a change so there would be riders available.

39 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So can Leicester fit in either of Bickley or Proctor in place of Rowe? Seeing as your TM said he was almost waiting for other teams to make a change so there would be riders available.

Bickley - yes

Proctor - not now, but I think his GSA will drop below Rowe's on 1 July.

However neither signing would enthuse me.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Can’t see Proctor riding again this season.(could be wrong)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

We do not want Bickley . He is the most over rated speedway rider in the UK closely followed by Jordan Palin.