British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

7 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

We do not want Bickley . He is the most over rated speedway rider in the UK closely followed by Jordan Palin. 

You may not have much choice! Plus with one of the Thompson twins always going to be at reserve and the top 5 Leicester have only needs to get 3/4 points a meeting imo. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

We do not want Bickley . He is the most over rated speedway rider in the UK closely followed by Jordan Palin. 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You may not have much choice! Plus with one of the Thompson twins always going to be at reserve and the top 5 Leicester have only needs to get 3/4 points a meeting imo. 

I agree with Lisa, an over rated 3.5 rider is better than a 2.00 rider. Unless there's someone better than Bickley, under Rowe's ave who wants to race in the UK.

Personally think Palin is more over rated, Godfrey was expecting him to be a heat leader this year, which I could never see happening as he previously was only good at Scunthorpe & Belle Vue. Needs to improve on away tracks first!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I agree with Lisa, an over rated 3.5 rider is better than a 2.00 rider. Unless there's someone better than Bickley, under Rowe's ave who wants to race in the UK.

Personally think Palin is more over rated, Godfrey was expecting him to be a heat leader this year, which I could never see happening as he previously was only good at Scunthorpe & Belle Vue. Needs to improve on away tracks first!

But come 1/7/22 Rowe’s average will actually go up marginally to over 4.00 which will allow them to bring in their young rider from Australia . 

Edited by Lenny Lion

21 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Nick Morris injured riding for Wolves tonight.

According to the Wolves website he withdrew due to being in discomfort from a badly grazed arm.

On 6/13/2022 at 10:54 AM, lisa-colette said:

So can Leicester fit in either of Bickley or Proctor in place of Rowe? Seeing as your TM said he was almost waiting for other teams to make a change so there would be riders available.

Or waiting for another team to fold?

On 6/13/2022 at 3:16 PM, Lenny Lion said:

Think you'll find that's Drew Kemp

• Like 1

When will folk on here understand that Ty Proctor is injured, was replaced because of the damage to his neck?    If he cant race for Berwick, why do they think he can race for their clubs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

When will folk on here understand that Ty Proctor is injured, was replaced because of the damage to his neck?    If he cant race for Berwick, why do they think he can race for their clubs?

I think that's an academic question, where Leicester are concerned. Given the way the two parted company after the Newcastle vs Leicester match in 2021, I can't see Ty ever coming back to Leicester. Certainly while SD is the team manager anyway.

• Like 1

Based on Joe Thompson's recent form I've spotted a flaw with the rolling averages dropping from 20-10 matches by the end of the season.

If Joe races the last 8-10 matches in the team he could have a 3.00 ave for next year, if he races the last 8-10 matches at reserve he could have a 6.00 ave for next year!

Sometimes riders will go from team to reserve throughout the season (Kennedy / Lambert / Palin) which should even itself up. But as the first half of the fixtures are forgotten, could make a big difference for 2023 starting averages!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

So who will be the new No 7 when the facility for Anders Rowe expires? 

16 hours ago, Big Al said:

Someone who is currently at another club but is being released in early July. Deal is already done with Leicester & his Lions race suit has been ordered but there is no rush to announce the rider because Lions have no match after Oxford on Wednesday until 16th July. 

On 6/14/2022 at 11:11 PM, gmarsbar2 said:

Think you'll find that's Drew Kemp

Would disagree there.

1 hour ago, Lenny Lion said:

Someone who is currently at another club but is being released in early July. Deal is already done with Leicester & his Lions race suit has been ordered but there is no rush to announce the rider because Lions have no match after Oxford on Wednesday until 16th July. 

Well if you're right, that's what I'd figured to be the case. Possibly the rider who is going to displace the Lions in-comer is Anders Rowe?

17 hours ago, Big Al said:

A few options available from Newcastle now they’ve closed.