Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

50 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Realistically Connor is unlikely to get any better than what he is now (in view of his age) and seems to struggle at the next level up. Whilst there may be more to the situation than we know, the way Scunny have treated him after just one month however is awful. He must be thinking is it all really worth it. I hope I’m wrong though and that he battles on continuing to do something I assume he enjoys.

Totally agree. He obviously loves his speedway to still be continuing in the NDL at his age, the CL is too strong for him to move up imo, the league needs weakening next year to encourage riders of his calibre to stick with it and be decent 2nd string/ reserves

• Like 2

On 7/11/2022 at 10:15 PM, Teromaafan said:

Realistically Connor is unlikely to get any better than what he is now (in view of his age) and seems to struggle at the next level up. Whilst there may be more to the situation than we know, the way Scunny have treated him after just one month however is awful. He must be thinking is it all really worth it. I hope I’m wrong though and that he battles on continuing to do something I assume he enjoys.

There is a big difference between racing at number 6 compared to number 7. If every Champ side had to put their weakest rider at 7 (like Prem teams have to) then he'd at least get another heat against the opposition number 7.

Signing a 2.00 rider at number 6, like Coles, means the most you can expect from them is 1 or 2 points imo

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 4:30 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

They could of course name Coles as number 8 and allow him to take 3 of the RR rides and let the other go to the rider with the average above Dan.

That's very unlikely, even when Leicester had easy matches at home to Birmingham & away to Newcastle, they still put out their strongest possible side ahead of giving some Lion Cubs Championship experience!

Edited by szkocjasid

I’ve said it before & I will say it again. Max Clegg is not a championship rider. Hyped up beyond belief & can’t even beat Kyle Bickley. 

What any club see in him is beyond me. I would rather give Tom Spencer the spot then him. 

Looks like Nick Johnson will be happy now he has got his favourite rider back in Leicester. Nick you can’t defend the terrible performance he gave today 

Edited by Lenny Lion
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

I’ve said it before & I will say it again. Max Clegg is not a championship rider. Hyped up beyond belief & can’t even beat Kyle Bickley. 

What any club see in him is beyond me. I would rather give Tom Spencer the spot then him. 

Looks like Nick Johnson will be happy now he has got his favourite rider back in Leicester. Nick you can’t defend the terrible performance he gave today 

Lion's reserves 2 points out of a possible 30.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

I'm not so sure he's "hyped up" but I agree he's not a CL rider in its current setup. He probably should be a decent 2nd string come reserve in a proper strength 2nd division. They should have promoted from within imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I'm not so sure he's "hyped up" but I agree he's not a CL rider in its current setup. He probably should be a decent 2nd string come reserve in a proper strength 2nd division. They should have promoted from within imo.

Why from within? When max is alot better than them and was available 

27 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Why from within? When max is alot better than them and was available 

Why have a Cubs team then if you're constantly going to overlook the riders you are developing? It's debatable whether Max Clegg is "alot" better than Connor Coles

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Why have a Cubs team then if you're constantly going to overlook the riders you are developing? It's debatable whether Max Clegg is "alot" better than Connor Coles

Cubs 1and5 already in there cl team realistically any other number not strong enough for cl max was scoring well in Newcastles second string last season connor didn't really score at reserve 

Back in the good old days you'd have riders put up against each other in second halves or even in match races to decide who would be given the last team place.

If Connor Coles and Max Clegg were put into such a situation, I'd have to say that Clegg would be the winner

• Like 1

I thought Connor did well last night, once he got dialled in, 1+1 first 2 rides, 8 from his last 3.

8 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Back in the good old days you'd have riders put up against each other in second halves or even in match races to decide who would be given the last team place.

If Connor Coles and Max Clegg were put into such a situation, I'd have to say that Clegg would be the winner

Not at Leicester  

Anyone who thinks Max Clegg is better then Connor Coles needs their head checking . Connor with a faultless 14+1 for the cubs. Max Clegg just didn’t look comfortable, confident or give any ray of hope. We need to replace him before 1/8/22 while his average is higher.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

I was at the Lions Den tonight & on tonight's performance Coles would easily beat Cleggy.

Cleggy, don't know what has happened to him as he was progressing well in his career but now he looks like he'd struggle in the NDL.

• Like 1