British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

Like an earlier poster said, they should be racing for the last place in the team, as there are no longer any "Junior Jaunts" or "Reserve Romps" (:rofl:)... the logical thing to do would be to have Clegg in the Cubs team in place of Dan and/or Joe (who are wasting their time in that league) and compete for it.

9 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Anyone who thinks Max Clegg is better then Connor Coles needs their head checking . Connor with a faultless 14+1 for the cubs. Max Clegg just didn’t look comfortable, confident or give any ray of hope. We need to replace him before 1/8/22 while his average is higher.

Good point. Whilst Clegg has only just arrived there appears to be doubts about him sustaining (forget increasing) his current average. If his rolling average starts to drop it will test Dickson’s patience as suitable replacement options diminish. Just hope that Clegg is mindful of Connor Coles’ treatment by Scunthorpe as I’m sure that Dickson will be just as ruthless.

11 hours ago, Turnip said:

I was at the Lions Den tonight & on tonight's performance Coles would easily beat Cleggy.

Cleggy, don't know what has happened to him as he was progressing well in his career but now he looks like he'd struggle in the NDL.

Fair enough, so it sounds like Mr Dickson has a project on his hands, I wonder if he will succeed?

22 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Fair enough, so it sounds like Mr Dickson has a project on his hands, I wonder if he will succeed?

Dickson should of promoted Coles from their NDL team as soon as Rowe left as that's the whole idea of having a Development team. That's a point, what has happened to Rowe??

5 hours ago, Turnip said:

Dickson should of promoted Coles from their NDL team as soon as Rowe left as that's the whole idea of having a Development team. That's a point, what has happened to Rowe??

Rowe is riding for Gorzów in Polish under 24 league and scoring well. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2022 at 11:57 AM, Turnip said:

Leicester have had multiple chances to give a NDL rider a shot when Rowe was missing, preferring to use guest reserves! I believe they'll only use a rider from their "development" team if it makes them stronger.

On 7/17/2022 at 12:01 AM, Lenny Lion said:

Anyone who thinks Max Clegg is better then Connor Coles needs their head checking . Connor with a faultless 14+1 for the cubs. Max Clegg just didn’t look comfortable, confident or give any ray of hope. We need to replace him before 1/8/22 while his average is higher.

Coles has never averaged above 3.00 in the Champ, while Clegg hasn't dropped below 3.00 since his first season. 

Can't compare Coles racing against the weakest NL side & Clegg against a play-off chasing Champ side in my view!

On 7/11/2022 at 11:07 PM, iainb said:

Totally agree. He obviously loves his speedway to still be continuing in the NDL at his age, the CL is too strong for him to move up imo, the league needs weakening next year to encourage riders of his calibre to stick with it and be decent 2nd string/ reserves

With lots of clubs struggling to find replacement riders from abroad to cover injuries, it would make sense to lower the points limit & use more of the top NL riders, but the Promotors don't often seem the think too far ahead, as shown by binning the RS system after one season.

• Like 2

Clegg tried and showed little glimpses of promise. He was honest with his interview said he's been far too comfortable on certain tracks which is a fair assessment of his progress. Howarth didn't look too pleased with when clegg fell off his bike whilst howarth was a lap ahead. He shook his head as he crossed the line looking back at max. 

Edited by ScottyJ
Spelling

On 7/17/2022 at 9:20 AM, iainb said:

Like an earlier poster said, they should be racing for the last place in the team, as there are no longer any "Junior Jaunts" or "Reserve Romps" (:rofl:)... the logical thing to do would be to have Clegg in the Cubs team in place of Dan and/or Joe (who are wasting their time in that league) and compete for it.

[edit] apologies, i commented on this post by mistake and was sure i'd commented on another instead. This site is so difficult to navigate at times.

Edited by Nickinho

On 7/17/2022 at 12:01 AM, Lenny Lion said:

I saw Connor Coles riding at Ashfield last month and he did not look a Championship rider at all. He scored a grand total of 1 and was not on the pace at all. Clegg is the better rider, the more experienced and the more likely to score points away. Just because he hasn't been great in the short time he's been at Leicester means nothing at all. Stewart Dickson knows enough to have brought him into the team and he'll be proved right soon enough. 

• Like 1

I really can't wrap my head around all this hate fir Max... he's a brilliant trier and scored well for us from second string and sometimes heatleader positions...? I know we had a really bad team, but still... he's A LOT better than Connor Coles certainly...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I really can't wrap my head around all this hate fir Max... he's a brilliant trier and scored well for us from second string and sometimes heatleader positions...? I know we had a really bad team, but still... he's A LOT better than Connor Coles certainly...

Clegg was trying and that's all we can ask for. He wasn't great but we can't expect him to ride around like a heat leader. Reserves don't score many . All he needs to do is chip in with a few points every now n then. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Leicester have had multiple chances to give a NDL rider a shot when Rowe was missing, preferring to use guest reserves! I believe they'll only use a rider from their "development" team if it makes them stronger.

Ermmmm, Thompson's didn't make them stronger last season when it mattered most. But I understand that they wouldn't want to lose one or both easily after all the investment of time & money that's been put in to their development at Leicester.

Edited by Turnip

37 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

Clegg was trying and that's all we can ask for. He wasn't great but we can't expect him to ride around like a heat leader. Reserves don't score many . All he needs to do is chip in with a few points every now n then. 

He will score and will get better at Leicester mayb won't get to second string/heat leader position at times like he did Newcastle obviously.

• Like 1