British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

9 minutes ago, arnieg said:

What prevents them from being RS? Under the present rules neither are too good, too old or too experienced?

I'd guess that Dan becomes  a 3* and Joe a 2* , ( but that's assuming the rules evolve gradually, they could easily change completely.)

This year the cut off was 3.50

Leon Flint was just below 3.5 = 3*

Kyle Bickley was just above 3.5 = 4*

Both Thompson's are above 3.5, which is 4*

Under this years rules can only be classed as a RS for Prem not Champ! Rules could be changed - just need to wait & see!

Edited by szkocjasid

20 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Douglas isn't riding in the Championship next season.

He's doing Poland and Wolves only.

dont be so sure be prepared to be surprized.

• Like 2

Lions 2019

Championship Shield Winners

Championship League Winners

Pirates 2021

Championship KO Cup Winners

I regularly attend both tracks, as well others, with Leicester being my nearest and I support Poole.

The amount of success that both club's av achieved with both doing the double, either side of lockdown, is a remarkable achievement.

In fact Lions cud've done the treble if it wasn't for avin to track an under strength side at Eastbourne in the KO Cup.

I'd like to wish all at both clubs continued success, but don't mention the Scottish club! .....was a fine ride by Ellis Perks!

:D

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

Lions 2019

Championship Shield Winners

Pirates 2021

Championship KO Winners

I regularly attend both tracks, as well others, with Leicester being my nearest and I support Poole.

The amount of success that both club's av achieved with both doing the double, either side of lockdown, is a remarkable achievement.

In fact Lions cud've done the treble if it wasn't for avin to track an under strength side at Eastbourne in the KO Cup.

I'd like to wish all at both clubs continued success, but don't mention the Scottish club! .....was a fine ride by Ellis Perks!

:D

Indeed it was a very fine ride.

2 hours ago, neb said:

dont be so sure be prepared to be surprized.

I will be surprised if he is not in the Championship and I would think a return to Scunny would be his favoured option.

We are in search of 1 maybe 2 heat leaders and are being told that some former riders will return. No one has mentioned Eric Riss?

6 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

We are in search of 1 maybe 2 heat leaders and are being told that some former riders will return. No one has mentioned Eric Riss?

E054095C-84AD-46E1-A145-44C475289EB7.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

My guess would be either Danny King or Richie Worrall.

17 minutes ago, Honey Monster said:

My guess would be either Danny King or Richie Worrall.

I would hope Danny King is staying at Poole! 

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I would hope Danny King is staying at Poole! 

Poole probably move back up 

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Don't think so. Find out 100% soon though. 

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Poole will not move up 100% fact

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottyJ said:

Mountain has signed for the lions been confirmed this morning. This is a great signing .

Agreed. His average is higher than Dan Thompson's which would move Dan back to a reserve berth, which is his comfort zone. This of course assumes that none of the remaining riders have a lower average than Mountain (hope not!) unless we go top heavy again. All down to team building points limit, which of course remains a secret.

"The club have informed Hans Andersen, Zaine Kennedy and Ryan Douglas that they are not part of next year’s plans."

I guess Dougie is moving onwards and upwards. Hans may have been too expensive and Zaine may just not fit with Connor Mountain already having been signed and the twins almost certainly remaining.

I thought Zaine did a good job especially joining mid season when expectations were high. Hans was solid. The biggest disappointment is Dougie. He could be a bit and down, but was exciting to watch. I, for one, will miss him.