British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gerbat1875

Whats happening with Birmingham ?

I am sure all Brummie fans would like to hear something, are there any interested parties or not, thats not a big ask is it. If there is nothing to report then say so, or just say talks are ongoing with interested parties or not, keep the fans in the loop like Newcastle did when it looked like the end for them 

• Like 1

There is interest and talks are continuing . Until everything is in place and everything agreed  there will then be full details released . Talks have been made with the landlords and the BSPL know the current position whilst the interested parties have to conclude arrangements over assets and equipment with the current owners. All this takes time . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

There is interest and talks are continuing . Until everything is in place and everything agreed  there will then be full details released . Talks have been made with the landlords and the BSPL know the current position whilst the interested parties have to conclude arrangements over assets and equipment with the current owners. All this takes time . 

Thankyou Speedway fan, that is all we ask for, at least now we have something, a bit of information to keep us updated 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mikebv said:

T20 in particular targets families and does a very good job of doing it....

But we're the family sport, so we're told, T20 can't do this... are they trying to poach our "families"... before the grim reaper does :rofl:

1 hour ago, iainb said:

But we're the family sport, so we're told, T20 can't do this... are they trying to poach our "families"... before the grim reaper does :rofl:

I believe that isnt quite right anymore...

I think we are the "bring a friend" sport now... :D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just to clarify. The planning condition requiring the track to be removed and the land to be restored to its original condition, if the speedway ceased, was relative only to the time that we only had temporary planning approval (IE the first 4 years).

Once a full planning consent was approved, this condition no longer applied.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for clearing that up Brian, I did mention it in another thread but I wasn't certain if it was still actively part of the planning approval.  

Edited by Pirio Barre
typo

2 hours ago, brianbuck said:

Just to clarify. The planning condition requiring the track to be removed and the land to be restored to its original condition, if the speedway ceased, was relative only to the time that we only had temporary planning approval (IE the first 4 years).

Once a full planning consent was approved, this condition no longer applied.

Thanks Brian, never knew that, I did know it was in place at one time

• Like 1

It was one of the original conditions set by the chief planning officer Alan Orr. Mr Orr had recommended refusal but when it became obvious that the Planning Committee weren't going to comply, the chairman David Roy said "Should I take it that you are minded to approve this application." The answer was "Yes - with conditions" but Alan Orr must have been so confident of his recommendation being accepted that he hadn't suggested any conditions, so he had to go away and dream some up and this was one of them.

As I remember, Tony Mole was not happy about accepting a planning consent without knowing what the conditions were, but he was advised to do so by senior councillors who WERE supportive of the speedway application, to do so in order to meet the BSPA's deadline for declaring league membership.

Edited by brianbuck
  • Like 1

Hopefully more positive news that Eastbourne ...... not a peep ....

8 hours ago, Hackett said:

Hopefully more positive news that Eastbourne ...... not a peep ....

The situation is a lot more complicated at Eastbourne. Surely some of their debts will have to be cleared, before any new promoters take over. Time might be against them for next season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

The situation is a lot more complicated at Eastbourne. Surely some of their debts will have to be cleared, before any new promoters take over. Time might be against them for next season.

Does anybody know what the latest is on Eastbourne. Sitting having my morning Coffee reading Speedway star and another small piece about Jordan still not paying up and gone quite by Drew Kemp.

Not seen to much on Facebook this week about himself or Carol as he's been pretending to be as to weather he been paying up or not as has been the case past few weeks?

Guess Masons paid all bills at brum whereas Jordan still owes and thats why Brum return is a lot easier. Fingers crossed positive news for both clubs soon

Eastbourne - Ian Jordan was in the press both local media and Speedway Star stating riders , outstanding debts , season tickets , refunds , air-fence sponsorship monies would be paid back by Oct. Carol Jordan was sending replies to some fans stating delays or check your bank account etc etc - Now it would seem they have gone incommunicado . One un-named rider told Speedway Star he hasn't been paid. Jake Knight stated the very same on facebook and now Drew Kemp has said much the same in the Speedway Star.  Pretty poor but nothing surprises me in how speedway is run. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 6:53 PM, kitten2502 said:

So a statement saying there is nothing to report is what you're looking for? How frequently would you like those updates? Speedway Fan, over to you!

Today there is no news. Tomorrow never comes and that's when I will be buying a round.:drink:

• Haha 2