British Speedway Forum

Change of plans for the promotion with Richie signing else where, hearing Drew has been offered a contract but no word if he’s accepted. If we have Sam, Josh, Kye and Drew back that would leave us 15.02 for the remaining 3 riders.

Would think Kemp and Edwards won’t be short of offers nearer home.Especially now that you don’t need a rising star.

On 11/6/2021 at 11:43 PM, szkocjasid said:

Just remembered Cameron Heeps could replace him!

Personally, I think Heeps would be a gamble. As previously mentioned in another post, there is a reason why his average is so low

2 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

Personally, I think Heeps would be a gamble. As previously mentioned in another post, there is a reason why his average is so low

I don't see how Heeps is a gamble, he's only on a 4.95 ave, so fills a second string spot, if he signed on a 7.0 ave I'd agree a gamble!

26 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't see how Heeps is a gamble, he's only on a 4.95 ave, so fills a second string spot, if he signed on a 7.0 ave I'd agree a gamble!

100% agree.
However, I don't think he'll be short of offers on that average and not sure Edinburgh could give the best offer.
As for Richie...Not a surprise, and not sure why anyone is suggesting it's a surprise to the Edinburgh promotion...

6 hours ago, HenryW said:

100% agree.
However, I don't think he'll be short of offers on that average and not sure Edinburgh could give the best offer.
As for Richie...Not a surprise, and not sure why anyone is suggesting it's a surprise to the Edinburgh promotion...

Unless you were party to any discussions I don’t see how you can give a view either way on the Worrall situation. 

24 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Unless you were party to any discussions I don’t see how you can give a view either way on the Worrall situation. 

Tend to agree.

What was Edinburgh's take on the situation when he was surplus to requirements in 2019?

If he wasn't informed at the start that he wasn't in the plans then he maybe thought he wasn't going to get burnt twice?

It's never good hearing from someone else that he is going somewhere else.

35 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Tend to agree.

What was Edinburgh's take on the situation when he was surplus to requirements in 2019?

If he wasn't informed at the start that he wasn't in the plans then he maybe thought he wasn't going to get burnt twice?

I suspect like all of these things the misunderstanding occurs because assumptions were made. 

1 hour ago, Gambo95 said:

Tend to agree.

From what I can remember he was offered a place for 2019 but opted for Leicester. 

• Thanks 1

No Richie thrown a spanner in monarchs team building? Can't think anyone likely to be available on similar average. Ellis, Jake Allen, ulle, Douglas, Riss etc all seem to be signed if believe the rumours

30 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

No Richie thrown a spanner in monarchs team building? Can't think anyone likely to be available on similar average. Ellis, Jake Allen, ulle, Douglas, Riss etc all seem to be signed if believe the rumours

Who has Riss signed for? 

48 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I see on Twitter Rob Branford is back riding uprights in Australia. Might he fancy a UK return?

Need to learn to ride laydowns first :P.

• Haha 1