British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

Leicester fan here, Are guys gutted or not bothered about Richie leaving for the lions? 

Just popped on here to see the latest.  Personally not overly surprised to see RW jump ship and head back to ride for the celebrated master tactician in Lion country.  Of our top four I did feel  that he was probably the likeliest to leave and indeed was only included on one of my '22 team sheets for that reason. Have to add that this is one of my very few predictions so far that have come to pass.  Sadly, from what I have read on here, the circumstances of his departure appear to have been "unfortunate"- which is always a useful euphemism to use in these kind of situations.  Am sure that our trusty management duo will now have things well in hand to provide the Monarchs faithful with a competitive and exciting team for 2022 - with possibly at least one unexpected surprise ( they usually do ).

Did well for Edinburgh who were probably worst affected by the farce that was rising stars, yet Monarchs still made the play offs and cup final. It's probably a boon to the team allowing a more balanced line up this time around. Dunno where the Cook dreams are coming from & i would be surprised if the Norwegian comes over as his stock has fallen in the 2 years since he was signed.

Be interesting to see which improvers Edinburgh can sign - unearth.

2 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Just popped on here to see the latest.  Personally not overly surprised to see RW jump ship and head back to ride for the celebrated master tactician in Lion country.  Of our top four I did feel  that he was probably the likeliest to leave and indeed was only included on one of my '22 team sheets for that reason. Have to add that this is one of my very few predictions so far that have come to pass.  Sadly, from what I have read on here, the circumstances of his departure appear to have been "unfortunate"- which is always a useful euphemism to use in these kind of situations.  Am sure that our trusty management duo will now have things well in hand to provide the Monarchs faithful with a competitive and exciting team for 2022 - with possibly at least one unexpected surprise ( they usually do ).

Feel they can’t afford to gamble too much on more than 1 untried rider in the UK. Does Mark Riss still ride?

11 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Feel they can’t afford to gamble too much on more than 1 untried rider in the UK. Does Mark Riss still ride?

Probably need to ask his wife that question bit personal right enough.

Sorry couldn’t resist :D

6 hours ago, Dekker said:i would be surprised if the Norwegian comes over as his stock has fallen in the 2 years since he was signed.

I watched him at Ashfield in the GP qualifier, he rode well, was just lacking a bit of pace. 

Think he would be a gamble on a 5.00 though. Maybe tap into the Aussies again for a 4 pointer.

13 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Not even a crumb of news. I’m getting impatient. :D

Join the club! Or clubs lol. Is it only Poole, Edinburgh and Glasgow who haven't announced anyone? 

19 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Not even a crumb of news. I’m getting impatient. :D

heard good news  that there’s a offer in for the stadium to be bought and kept as a speedway venue 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Join the club! Or clubs lol. Is it only Poole, Edinburgh and Glasgow who haven't announced anyone? 

All 3 have riders signed up. One of the ones we hoped to bring back is Dorset bound next season.

26 minutes ago, mac101 said:

heard good news  that there’s a offer in for the stadium to be bought and kept as a speedway venue 

Armadale? That would be good news

18 minutes ago, Edin03 said:

All 3 have riders signed up. One of the ones we hoped to bring back is Dorset bound next season.

Assume that’s Kemp. Will be gutted if it’s Pickering! 

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

Assume that’s Kemp. Will be gutted if it’s Pickering! 

Kemp will be in Dorset next season.

24 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

His loss

It's the age old problem we both always have of trying to get southern based riders to sign. Happy to do half a season but not keen on a full one. Even in the "money men" era only Starkey managed it for more than 1 season

55 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Kemp will be in Dorset next season.

Might explain his haphazard scoring at the end of the season. Score enough to earn a wage yet keep his average attractive to teams closer to home.