British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Rising star??

Is James Sargeant the rising star :rofl:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Dekker said:

Average looking team on paper but then so did last years and it was changed and ran deep into the post season. Certainly plenty of room for improvement and it will be interesting to see if Castagna can make the jump to heat leader and how Hook goes.

Only have to finish 6th out of 11, then come good in the play-offs, so an average team could become champions.

Tough for Castagna to become HL in my view after being at reserve for Birmingham. I'd expect Thompson to be 3rd HL on a 6.3 ave.

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Only have to finish 6th out of 11, then come good in the play-offs, so an average team could become champions.

Tough for Castagna to become HL in my view after being at reserve for Birmingham. I'd expect Thompson to be 3rd HL on a 6.3 ave.

Like last season 

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Hook scored 021ex2 in today's NSW state Championships. Not a patch on the top 8.

Got to give the boy a chance. Would have liked to see Kemp back. Poole bound by looks of it. A steal on sub 4 average.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Is James Sargeant the rising star :rofl:

rising star has been scrapped :rolleyes:

Race suits at last, hallelujah. Just Scunny to go? Oh and Brum, Toon & Redcar.

Presume Kemp or Rowe was the other rider who was coming back but changed their mind? 

Edited by Bagpuss

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Hook scored 021ex2 in today's NSW state Championships. Not a patch on the top 8.

Brown and Pearson and maybe even Gilmore on scores look better prospects but they might be fixed up in Poland as Bowes and rew were in 2021 and hook was one willing to come? Hard to tell level given sedgeman won Victoria title pre Christmas but give the lad a chance before writing him off

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Race suits at last, hallelujah. Just Scunny to go?

Presume Kemp or Rowe was the other rider who was coming back but changed their mind? 

Kings Lynn have had some cracking blue suits with gold trim over years. Hopefully blue and gold rather than yellow.

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Brown and Pearson and maybe even Gilmore on scores look better prospects but they might be fixed up in Poland as Bowes and rew were in 2021 and hook was one willing to come? Hard to tell level given sedgeman won Victoria title pre Christmas but give the lad a chance before writing him off

So little interstate competition has made it difficult to "grade" riders like Hook compared to other years, it's a crap shoot but at least he seems to have a decent style on the 2 vids i've seen.

25 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Lads Army

Hardy “lads” with a 30 year old and two who are 28. But, Edinburgh have a habit of putting together good teams and this could well follow that route. A few will have to up their game, though

29 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I've always though he underachieved there, maybe a change of scene & getting paid on time might work wonders.

Edited by Dekker
  • Like 1

Had a look at other teams. Apart from Congrove at Newcastle, Lasse and Jacob seem to be only 2 newcomers to Championship league.

A gamble but always good to see new faces in league. Bit of a worry with only 2 recognised heat leaders but if riders won’t travel promotion had no other choice.

Don't know much about Lasse or Jacob. Hopefully Sarj will be strong in reserve berth.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Hope so Dot or we are having to change team before season starts. :)

I doubt if we could even manage that up here.  Any young Brit emerging talents seem to migrate in the opposite direction so nae chance on that score.   As Alex pointed out in his solemn address, we have 7 guys who actually want to race for the club & that is a good starting point.  Last year our 2, 6 & 7 turned in fairly feeble contributions for most of the season, but 2022 looks more promising i.e. potentially an improvement.  With Lasse, Jacob & Sarj all fairly close average wise , there is certainly scope for interchanging numbers as the season progresses.

In 2021, we still managed to make the Cup Final and Play Off Semi-Final, in spite of our weak points - and maybe that was the best we could have done anyway, as the opposition at that stage was very strong and on form.  Same again or one step further would be good next time around !

2 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Had a look at other teams. Apart from Congrove at Newcastle, Lasse and Jacob seem to be only 2 newcomers to Championship league.

A gamble but always good to see new faces in league. Bit of a worry with only 2 recognised heat leaders but if riders won’t travel promotion had no other choice.

Don't know much about Lasse or Jacob. Hopefully Sarj will be strong in reserve berth.

I think what might be a slight issue that had served you well in the past is that riders can't go below their assessed averaged as I understand. Where in past could've replaced Paco for example come may with a 7 pointer at same time as new guys picking up. But like you say it's exciting to see new guys and lasse was fast enough at ashfield albeit on borrowed machinery

16 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Pearson is signed up for the Leszno U24 squad. Not sure about Brown.

Does Hook not require a visa to race here? That might be the difference, if he can race without one.