British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Team reveal doesn't need a great deal of creativity when your are talking to your own fans. Just tell 'em what the team is. 

Reserve the creativity/skill for reaching a new audience. What Edinburgh did and others is the wrong focus.

Thankfully Edinburgh are rammed full of creativity and skill so that particular well isn’t dry after the team announcement. 

Such an odd take on the situation 

3 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Team reveal doesn't need a great deal of creativity when your are talking to your own fans. Just tell 'em what the team is. 

Reserve the creativity/skill for reaching a new audience. What Edinburgh did and others is the wrong focus.

Dinosaur mentality this.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

My question would be are Phillips, Woolley or Lawson ever going to ride champ again? 3 guys who are in late 20s/ 30s n never gone beyond that level. Obviously need these guys in the league but 3 in a team is hardly developing riders for the team IMO. Plus when greaves retired none of aforementioned were given a job instead brought Edwards up from the south coast.

No doubt improvement in Millars in particular was huge over the season but I thought we were past not signing him cause he rides for Glasgow now?

I agree with you there with regards to Woolley / Phillips & Lawson. These guys will probably never ride above NDL again but each team need requires a couple of experienced guys to bring on the younger riders.

I don’t believe anyone expected Edwards to be as good as he was when he was brought in. Woolley and Phillips were both given chances if I remember. 

I get what you’re saying but I’d say the same about any of our championship rivals riders, not just a Glasgow one. There is very little benefit to the Monarchs by developing the likes of Bailey etc.

6 minutes ago, Edin03 said:

I agree with you there with regards to Woolley / Phillips & Lawson. These guys will probably never ride above NDL again but each team need requires a couple of experienced guys to bring on the younger riders.

I don’t believe anyone expected Edwards to be as good as he was when he was brought in. Woolley and Phillips were both given chances if I remember. 

I get what you’re saying but I’d say the same about any of our championship rivals riders, not just a Glasgow one. There is very little benefit to the Monarchs by developing the likes of Bailey etc.

Yeah the likes of Atkin, Armstrong etc been good for young guys in past. I've said before I think should be a joint venture the NDL side but can't see our promotions ever going for that.

He did a sterling job for you at Newcastle as I remember, could repay him for that :D

I've said before I think should be a joint venture the NDL side but can't see our promotions ever going for that.

Yeah don’t think that would happen. I’m surprised Glasgow haven’t put together a development side, would only be good for speedway. 

He did a sterling job for you at Newcastle as I remember, could repay him for that :D

He did indeed, was very impressed that day :t: he has come on massively this season.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 3:54 PM, FromBendThree said:

I think you're missing the fact that the reveal was created by volunteers. It's not a case of reserving things for new audiences etc, it's at no cost to the club so why not be creative for current audience AND new audience

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

I think you're missing the fact that the reveal was created by volunteers. It's not a case of reserving things for new audiences etc, it's at no cost to the club so why not be creative for current audience AND new audience

That's a fair point. I will watch with interest to see what these volunteers come up with to reach a new audience. At the moment they are only reaching the current (dying) audience. Perhaps you will enlighten us to what their plans are to reach all the people who have never heard of speedway and persuade them to give it a go. 

1 hour ago, FromBendThree said:

That's a fair point. I will watch with interest to see what these volunteers come up with to reach a new audience. At the moment they are only reaching the current (dying) audience. Perhaps you will enlighten us to what their plans are to reach all the people who have never heard of speedway and persuade them to give it a go. 

Give up mate. You’ve taken a position that most agree is bizarre but you feel like you need to stick with. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

Give up mate. You’ve taken a position that most agree is bizarre but you feel like you need to stick with. 

Agree.Don’t think he even knows what he is on about now:rolleyes:

• Like 1

OK, let me know of one great bit of creativity and innovation in 2021 from your volunteers which reached people who had never heard of speedway before. AND, most importantly, how successful was it? That means, in plain language, how many new fans did it bring into the stadium and what was the retention rate?

2 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

OK, let me know of one great bit of creativity and innovation in 2021 from your volunteers which reached people who had never heard of speedway before. AND, most importantly, how successful was it? That means, in plain language, how many new fans did it bring into the stadium and what was the retention rate?

That would be one for the promotion to answer not me. It has no bearing on whether the team announcement method was a good idea however. You know that but for some reason you’re insisting on trying to sound like a marketing strategist. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

That would be one for the promotion to answer not me. It has no bearing on whether the team announcement method was a good idea however. You know that but for some reason you’re insisting on trying to sound like a marketing strategist. 

I was thinking sounds more like a ar*e.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

I was thinking sounds more like a ar*e.

Takes one to know one. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Decent showing from your new man in Darcy ward invitational this morning. 5 points in that field pretty respectable, 1 fewer than Masters, same as zaine Kennedy and point more than kelleher. Thomson 7, Pickering 8 too