British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

260 metres in length to reach International Standard would probably be wide(r) straights & bends although hasn't Berwick got FIM status with narrow straights? 

Track at Berwick has been widened 

10 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

In guessing with the staggered nature of the development they mention might just be track and maybe a shed style covering to start with? Was it Buxton asked cars to turn their lights on at side of the track if got a bit dark lol. 

It's the way forward having your own track with no restrictions on what can do or when have access. Hopefully few more will follow your lead

They’ll have enough in place that it’ll be ready to start the season. As you said with the staggered development it won’t be complete come the start of the new season but enough that it’ll be ready to race and spectators to attend. 

• Like 3

Track sizes can be deceptive. 

As an example if you asked 100 people which was the biggest Redcar or Eastbourne I'd wager 90% would say Redcar. 

It's actually 4 yards smaller. 

Lost a speedway quiz due to that a few years ago for a nice old Brummies race jacket.. Lol 

I agree wider straights and sweeping turns best for modern bikes which is why Ashfield is my favourite to visit. 

New Workington tracks looks stunning too.. 

Edited by HGould
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

They’ll have enough in place that it’ll be ready to start the season. As you said with the staggered development it won’t be complete come the start of the new season but enough that it’ll be ready to race and spectators to attend. 

That is how we started out. Track, pits, banked spectator viewing & portacabins for toilets.

• Like 2

Brilliant and much welcome news!

As long as there's a track in place and bare minimum spectator facilities that's all that really matters for 2023, continuity is essential... well done to all involved, I really thought it'd be curtains for the Monarchs. We've all heard so much crap before down the years from various homeless promotions, I really hope this one comes to fruition

The future for the sport if it has one, stadiums built far from housing and not used for greyhound racing, Stock cars , rugby/football.

• Like 7

Good news for monarchs but has planning permission been sorted yet ? This could be a drawn out process, then may not be ready for next season even in very basic form !!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Neila said:

Good news for monarchs but has planning permission been sorted yet ? This could be a drawn out process, then may not be ready for next season even in very basic form !!

On the basis of the press release and “in the know” Blobby’s comments, the process has been in train for some months now. Edinburgh have always been skilled with PR hence the recent “we’re out of Armadale and looking for a new home” press release of a week or so ago. There’s much more impact going from “we’re all doomed” to “we’re all saved” than just an announcement of a change in venue. 
But, will their prodigal son return to the blue and gold as a final swan song? Or maybe he’ll move from his current track to one nearer his home?

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

That is how we started out. Track, pits, banked spectator viewing & portacabins for toilets.

I remember going to a Scunthorpe track that was an athletics track in the 70s a d one with a double decker bus as a stand with Paul Evitts in the 80s...or is my mind truly gone? 

Edited by HGould
spelling

23 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

On the basis of the press release and “in the know” Blobby’s comments, the process has been in train for some months now. Edinburgh have always been skilled with PR hence the recent “we’re out of Armadale and looking for a new home” press release of a week or so ago. There’s much more impact going from “we’re all doomed” to “we’re all saved” than just an announcement of a change in venue. 
But, will their prodigal son return to the blue and gold as a final swan song? Or maybe he’ll move from his current track to one nearer his home?

Wouldn’t say months more weeks. 

46 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

If your on about CC can't see him  being home area bound as it's susposed to be conference league and training school etc at 1st. Maybe has had enough as this season seems to be injury prone and expensive in blown engines and damaged bikes

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Track sizes can be deceptive. 

As an example if you asked 100 people which was the biggest Redcar or Eastbourne I'd wager 90% would say Redcar. 

It's actually 4 yards smaller. 

Lost a speedway quiz due to that a few years ago for a nice old Brummies race jacket.. Lol 

I agree wider straights and sweeping turns best for modern bikes which is why Ashfield is my favourite to visit. 

New Workington tracks looks stunning too.. 

Eastbourne is in fact 275 m

Fantastic news for the sport and especially Edinburgh fans and promotion

Good luck to everybody, dream and plan high..

11 minutes ago, Neila said:

If your on about CC can't see him  being home area bound as it's susposed to be conference league and training school etc at 1st. Maybe has had enough as this season seems to be injury prone and expensive in blown engines and damaged bikes

He has had more injuries this season than any other I can recall, wrong place wrong time last week when Nick Morris shed a chain.

Its great news for Edinburgh, obviously theres work to be done but the sport in this country needs some positivity and the Monarchs not being another lost club provides that.

Amazing news for Edinburgh and British Speedway. It does help a lot I think when the council really wants the speedway team to stay.