British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Amazing news for Edinburgh and British Speedway. It does help a lot I think when the council really wants the speedway team to stay. 

hope our speedway promotors are urgently looking for a new home after next season if all the rumours are correct .:t:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ray c said:

hope our speedway promotors are urgently looking for a new home after next season if all the rumours are correct .:t:

Fingers crossed! But Poole a bit smaller than Edinburgh. Would have no idea about the land available in the Poole area.

Anyway Edinburgh shows it can be done. So big well done to them! :t:

• Like 1

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Fingers crossed! But Poole a bit smaller than Edinburgh. Would have no idea about the land available in the Poole area.

Livingstone not in Edinburgh, no chance of a track in Edinburgh

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Surely plenty land around in rural Dorset? 

Just now, Cookiefan said:

Livingstone not in Edinburgh, no chance of a track in Edinburgh

My geography skills are pretty much non existent I'm afraid. I do well to find my house again after a day out! lol ;)

tracks are measured around the inside line so can be 260 on the inside but can be a lot more around the outside 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M.D said:

Eastbourne is in fact 275 m

Fantastic news for the sport and especially Edinburgh fans and promotion

Good luck to everybody, dream and plan high..

Yep I checked Redcar is 271 Eastbourne 275

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Surely plenty land around in rural Dorset? 

They are supposed to be building a stadium for Poole Town FC somewhere. Goodness knows where that is going. Though I haven't really looked into it. 

The easiest thing would be for the council to kick out Stadia UK/GI as I think Matt Ford said he has some ideas and possibly people interested in using the stadium for other things as well as speedway. But prob won't happen and we'll end up like Swindon and Reading.

But happy for Edinburgh. :t:

7 minutes ago, mac101 said:

tracks are measured around the inside line so can be 260 on the inside but can be a lot more around the outside 

Almost correct but it is 1m outside the white line 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

They are supposed to be building a stadium for Poole Town FC somewhere. Goodness knows where that is going. Though I haven't really looked into it. 

The easiest thing would be for the council to kick out Stadia UK/GI as I think Matt Ford said he has some ideas and possibly people interested in using the stadium for other things as well as speedway. But prob won't happen and we'll end up like Swindon and Reading.

Wasn't there talk of a track at Southampton? 

Would IOW be an option for a season? 

Could Wimborne be an option as it supports a big Grass Meeting. 

2 minutes ago, HGould said:

Wasn't there talk of a track at Southampton? 

Would IOW be an option for a season? 

Could Wimborne be an option as it supports a big Grass Meeting. 

Yes, keep hearing about Southampton but not sure how likely that is? But possibly a good option and a fair few Poole fans are from Southampton area.

When driving around Dorset, I would say there seems to be more land around Wimborne but seeing as you have it be insanely rich to even buy a house there, not sure what land for a stadium would cost!! 

24 minutes ago, HGould said:

Yep I checked Redcar is 271 Eastbourne 275

Get the bikes going sideways for as long as is possible, with plenty of room to pass as they do, and the overall size of the track isnt a key determinant.. 

Nor either then is the straight line speed of the bike..

Two perfect examples there as to how the shape makes the racing...

Redcar one of the best in the country...

Great news for Edinburgh, presume Glasgow will stay in the Championship rather than consider moving up now their local derbies are saved? 

• Thanks 1

I certainly don't see an upside for Glasgow going up. Need a ten team league to make it interesting for me.

46 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Don't trust BCP council to keep speedway going at the stadium even if stadia UK departed 

• Sad 1