Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

The new stadium plans look great, i'll miss Armadale though. Hope they keep the finishing line pyrotechnics machine, i really like that touch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattB said:

Exactly my point.  Edinburgh have jumped the gun here and its led to people believing its in the bag when it's anything but

In what way have Edinburgh jumped the gun?

They have publicised their proposals they are submitting and thereby making their fanbase full aware of the situation.

This gives the fans the opportunity to support the application in advance, be it financial assistance, lobbying local councillors, etc.

Nothing wrong with that approach which are commonplace with those who are seeking permission to introduce new developments.

As I previously stated, the Promotion have acknowledged the planning deadlines and that there are probably other interested parties in acquiring the site,  so how  has it led to people believing its in the bag?

As long as Lidl or Aldi don’t get wind of a bit of land available. If I was landowner and they offered more, then sorry Edinburgh Speedway, match it or get ready for center isle food blenders and size 42 stretch jeans.

Of course we all want Edinburgh speedway to continue but never heard of a club announcing they are racing next season when they haven’t even purchased the land and got planning permissions in place. With all the goodwill in the world it’s going to be stretching it buying the land, getting permissions and building a stadium. Unless it’s a portacabin and scaffold terraces.

4 hours ago, Derrickn said:

After having a go at Workington,this Shovlar fellow now seems to be calling Edinburgh out.Hope he gets the same response as he got from Workington.

Because I spoke the truth and the guy that slagged me off on the Workington thread has just admitted what I said was correct? ( Fans standing up to ten metres back from track)

• Sad 2

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Because I spoke the truth and the guy that slagged me off on the Workington thread has just admitted what I said was correct? ( Fans standing up to ten metres back from track)

No you said at all places fans can stand. As John's post on Workington post shows at some areas will be 3, some 5 and some 10m. So no you are not correct 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, cyclone said:

In what way have Edinburgh jumped the gun?

They have publicised their proposals they are submitting and thereby making their fanbase full aware of the situation.

This gives the fans the opportunity to support the application in advance, be it financial assistance, lobbying local councillors, etc.

Nothing wrong with that approach which are commonplace with those who are seeking permission to introduce new developments.

As I previously stated, the Promotion have acknowledged the planning deadlines and that there are probably other interested parties in acquiring the site,  so how  has it led to people believing its in the bag?

They've jumped the gun by saying it will be ready in Spring 2023, when given the work that will be needed if and when they even get the go ahead is an extremely large ask.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

As long as Lidl or Aldi don’t get wind of a bit of land available. If I was landowner and they offered more, then sorry Edinburgh Speedway, match it or get ready for center isle food blenders and size 42 stretch jeans.

Of course we all want Edinburgh speedway to continue but never heard of a club announcing they are racing next season when they haven’t even purchased the land and got planning permissions in place. With all the goodwill in the world it’s going to be stretching it buying the land, getting permissions and building a stadium. Unless it’s a portacabin and scaffold terraces.

Lidl and Aldi already have big warehouses in the area along with Tesco so don’t need to worry about that.