British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

German? I think we had Kevin Wolbert once at a back end of a season..? 

Kemp was born in Germany

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

German? I think we had Kevin Wolbert once at a back end of a season..? 

Blimey. I was running the Germans through my head. Smolinski, Huckenbeck, Riss, etc., and completely forgot about Wolbert :oops:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King Jamie said:

Blimey. I was running the Germans through my head. Smolinski, Huckenbeck, Riss, etc., and completely forgot about Wolbert :oops:

First person ever to forget Two Kev's

4 hours ago, King Jamie said:

Watch some of the 2015 season that’s just appeared on EMTV. He was class that year. 

31 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Watch some of the 2015 season that’s just appeared on EMTV. He was class that year. 

Kaiser Kev really WAS class...and still is when you see him racing in Poland...
He's got some skills, for sure.

I see Edinburgh have found a solution to the age old speedway calendar issue.... A legends version. Great idea. 

I especially like Mr December :D

Edited by Jaizer

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I see Edinburgh have found a solution to the age old speedway calendar issue.... A legends version. Great idea. 

I especially like Mr December :D

That’s it nailed on. He’ll be a Monarch next season. :P

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2021 at 7:25 PM, Edin03 said:

Reckon our team will be built around Sam, Kye and Drew (if he agrees to return). Also think we’ll honour our agreement with Lasse Fredriksen who’ll come in on a 5.00 average.  Personally, would love to keep it as close to our current team as possible.

Masters 9.41

Kemp 3.82

Kye 5.51

Josh 8.34

Richie 7.96

Edwards 2.07

3* RS

37.11 + 3*

Rumours Sam maybe on the move. Hope not. Can’t afford to lose him as well as well as Richie. Would be great if we could announce at least one signing.

6 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Rumours Sam maybe on the move. Hope not. Can’t afford to lose him as well as well as Richie. Would be great if we could announce at least one signing.

That would be disappointing. If he was to move then I’d genuinely be looking for us to get Cookie back. 

11 hours ago, Endeavour said:

11 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

That would be disappointing. If he was to move then I’d genuinely be looking for us to get Cookie back. 

Be majorly surprised if Sam, Kye and Josh aren’t in the blue and gold for 2022. Think any unhappiness Sam has is from the team building side and the fact he wants to win trophies, it’s hard to win anything when you carry 2 or 3 riders for the majority of the season. Missing out on Richie and Drew has been a setback but there is always another plan. I’m sure if Cookie is available he will certainly be on our radar ;)

3 hours ago, Edin03 said:

Be majorly surprised if Sam, Kye and Josh aren’t in the blue and gold for 2022. Think any unhappiness Sam has is from the team building side and the fact he wants to win trophies, it’s hard to win anything when you carry 2 or 3 riders for the majority of the season. Missing out on Richie and Drew has been a setback but there is always another plan. I’m sure if Cookie is available he will certainly be on our radar ;)

Isn’t he ours? I know it’s not as simple as that but we must have some say!

4 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

You get to talk to him before Glasgow! ;) And ask him what he plans to do, but that is about it I think. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You get to talk to him before Glasgow! ;) And ask him what he plans to do, but that is about it I think. 

About the same as 30-40 riders that have to ask Poole if they are riding for them before talking to other clubs. ;) 

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

As Lisa says below…

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Personally don’t think he’ll be back with us next year, haven’t heard anything to suggest he’ll be anywhere other than Glasgow.

Think we may see a more balanced team with a strong reserve to start the season…