British Speedway Forum

Sam leaving be huge blow. Where would he be going though? Off top of my head can't think of anywhere still fit him in (based on rumours) than Glasgow, Edinburgh or Poole?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Sam leaving be huge blow. Where would he be going though? Off top of my head can't think of anywhere still fit him in (based on rumours) than Glasgow, Edinburgh or Poole?

He will probably be much better off financially racing in the Premiership and Poland so if he leaves i can't see him racing for another Championship club. Poland is where the money is and they don't like their riders racing too often in Britain.

Just now, Nickinho said:

He will probably be much better off financially racing in the Premiership and Poland so if he leaves i can't see him racing for another Championship club. Poland is where the money is and they don't like their riders racing too often in Britain.

Believe I read he has a 2nd Division team in Poland? Or was that Josh? But that would allow him champ, prem and Poland.

Edinburgh team building be in disarray if that's true, only 1 of top 3 potentially returning, no real no.1s available unless can get brother Steve to return?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Believe I read he has a 2nd Division team in Poland? Or was that Josh? But that would allow him champ, prem and Poland.

Edinburgh team building be in disarray if that's true, only 1 of top 3 potentially returning, no real no.1s available unless can get brother Steve to return?

He may wish to move up to a top tier Polish team though. I read somewhere recently that Zmarslik is set to earn over £1 million next season with over 350k euros of that just from riding for Gorzow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

He may wish to move up to a top tier Polish team though. I read somewhere recently that Zmarslik is set to earn over £1 million next season with over 350k euros of that just from riding for Gorzow.

Good a rider though Sam undoubtedly is, I don't think he's polish top flight material. With limits on number of foreign riders I don't think any of the top flight teams be banging his door down

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Good a rider though Sam undoubtedly is, I don't think he's polish top flight material. With limits on number of foreign riders I don't think any of the top flight teams be banging his door down

He had the third highest average in the Premiership last season just behind Bewley and Holder after riding all 20 meetings so i think a top tier Polish team may well tie him up.

5 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Steve Worrall back to Edinburgh?

Hope not, if it was up to me he'd be in the Poole team if that's what he wanted. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

About the same as 30-40 riders that have to ask Poole if they are riding for them before talking to other clubs. ;) 

:D

10 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Steve Worrall back to Edinburgh?

Get ur mits off our Stevie! :party:

The fact we've not heard anything yet does suggest to me that things aren't going swimmingly on the team building front...... Just a hunch

22 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

The fact we've not heard anything yet does suggest to me that things aren't going swimmingly on the team building front...... Just a hunch

Swimmingly up the swanny? :lol:

10 hours ago, Edin03 said:

Be majorly surprised if Sam, Kye and Josh aren’t in the blue and gold for 2022. Think any unhappiness Sam has is from the team building side and the fact he wants to win trophies, it’s hard to win anything when you carry 2 or 3 riders for the majority of the season. Missing out on Richie and Drew has been a setback but there is always another plan. I’m sure if Cookie is available he will certainly be on our radar ;)

What second tier club is Drew riding for?

20 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

What second tier club is Drew riding for?

Most of them .

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I don't think Masters would get any racing in the Polish Extraliga. Teams can only use 2 foreigners (over 25) so unless you're one of the top 16 non Polish riders in the world? Not gonna get much racing!

• Like 1